E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Re: DVD Naviation for 2003 E Class

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2003, 01:14 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: DVD Naviation for 2003 E Class

Well it seems like this naigation issue is a real mess.

I was prepared to buy an E500 will lots of options including the DVD Nav system which was a must have if I was going to put out over $ 100,000.00 (CDN) for a car.

In Canada the dealers I spoke to would never commit to the Nav system, in December I decided to sit this one out and bought a 2001 540iA, loaded, except for navigation, it was half the price of an E500, also without nav!

The car had 13,000 miles and they extended the warranty for two more years and added up to 80,000 miles. I now have a full 4 years or 80,000 miles (120,000 KM in Canada)

I really wanted a MB but just did not want to wait any longer, BMW has been great, my car is Jet Black w/Black Leather and has a ton of options included voice recognition phone and voice note book! Mutes the radio when an incoming call and also on outgoing calls. Works great!

I hope MB gets this issue resolved with the Nav system for all those people that have 2003 cars and now it appears that they will never get their Nav system.

MB IMHO must swap out the cars if they can not retrofit!

One thing does puzzle me thou, if they can't retrofit... what happens if the cars that that eventually get a nav system from the factory and something goes wrong with it or perhaps it gets vandalized.... is the response from MB sorry we can't fix it because we may affect the airbags or something else!

Good luck to all the people with this issue!

(PS - I hope to own a MB also sometime if the future)
Old 03-15-2003, 03:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mitch, thank you for your comments. To us owners, sometimes it puts things in perspective.

I am sorry you will not own a Benz. Truly, it is one of the finer luxuries in the world, and for me a mark of personal success. However, I understand your decision, and definitely applaud your purchase. 50% off the price of an E500 for a luxury sports sedan is not bad!

We still hope to see you contribute here in the future. Remember, this is a forum of automobile enthusiasts and not necessarily MB owners.

Happy motoring!