2007/2008 e350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 11:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nothing yet
2007/2008 e350

Hello all,

I had a few quick questions for the in-house experts. I have been a loyal BMW 5 series guy for the past 10 years or so. However the recent issues with the HPFP on the 535s and the run flat tire issues with the sports packages have convinced me it might be time to try an e350.

I went and drove an e350 over the weekend and was somewhat pleasantly surprised. While the low-end torque did not seem as powerful as the 530i, it certainly had sufficient power when you press down hard on the gas. Originally I had contemplated an e550 but due to all of the city driving I do I figured it really wasn’t worth it.

Questions:
1.What is the deal with premium 1 and Bluetooth? I was told I had to purchase a separate puck for around $500 in order to enable the Bluetooth?
2.Any reliability / engine / known problems for the 07 e350?
3.What option packages do I want besides the prem 1? I was thinking that I definitely wanted the xenon lights (which apparently are p2 package or also as standalone). How is the sport package? Also I was told that the voice input was another option?
4.What is the DESIGNO INTERIOR TRIM?
5.What is a fair price for a 2007 w/ 28k miles? I was able to negotiate down to $28.5k on the car. Also was offered ability to pre-own certify the car for an extra $2500. I know this $2500 certify is a MSRP… is there usually any room to negotiate on this?
6.Any difference between the 2008 and 2007? I was considering paying up for a 2008 vs. paying the $2500 to certify the car

Really appreciate the insights and look forward to joining the club.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:17 AM

2007 e350 sienna black; AMG pkg
I just bought a CPO 2007 e350 2 weeks ago after owning BMWs for 10 years and it drives great. I commute 1.5 hours each way so I wanted a car that had a nice comfortable ride vs. a sporty suspension feel.

I bought mine at a MB dealer for $32K and it had 32K miles on it. It has nav and the AMG package.

I don't know the answer to all your questions, but going with a CPO is a must since everything is covered for 6 years/100K miles. And with the commuting I am doing it is well worth it.

For Bluetooth I bought a Viseeo from Cartronics (www.cartronics.com) and it plugs right into the MB's 'puck' and everything works via the steering wheel and COMAND. I have an iPhone and it works great.

There is another string in this forum re: the differences between '07 and '08.

Hope this helps

Greg
Old 01-22-2010, 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
The wheel center caps & hood ornament base have blue trim on the '08s. My '07 has been perfect. GREAT CAR! The Xenon Headlights are superb. (I have P2 & Sport Pkg)
Old 01-22-2010, 09:40 PM

2006 E350
If the car is still under warranty, which yours should still be if its an 07, you could very well skip the CPO. While the car is still under factory warranty, you can buy the Mercedes extended warranties, or just put the 2,500 in a savings account if anything happens in the future.

I dont know where you live, but check out www.texasdirectauto.com they usually have good deals on used E350's. I bought our 2006 E350 there back in Nov 08 for $23,000, it was 2.5 years old, still had the factory warranty (expiring this april) and was in near mint condition with 23,000 miles! The only things I found wrong were some scratches on the door handles, perfect car otherwise They seem to sell plenty of E350's in the low to mid 20s depending on whether its an 06 or 07, but look around or call them since they can find whatever you need. Super, super easy to deal with too, bought the car on ebay on a saturday, went tuesday and test drove it and paid and everything in less than an hour! Completely no BS car-buying experience!!

EDIT: I would go for a Premium2 car or at least one with HID's if they were available separately. HID's are the main thing mine doesnt have that I wish it did.
Old 01-23-2010, 02:06 AM

'14 Audi S4
Hmm, not sure I can add alot to what was said earlier but here's my 2 cents. I purchased a 2007 E350 Sport about 10 months ago, so far so great. In answer to your questions:

1. I believe a puck is required whether you get Premium 1 or 2. I skipped it cause I didnt want to spend the extra cash and live with an earpiece.

2. No known engine issues. Mine has been trouble free

3. Must have options are NAV and the P2 (xenons, keyless go, and cornering lights). I prefer the look of the sport package, esp the silver gauges and black wood trim compared with more traditional black face gauges and walnut trim. The sport has some nice body treatments and nicer twin spoke wheel/tire combination. Leather is nice, but tex looks/feels good and will last longer.

4.DESIGNO INTERIOR TRIM comes as Espresso Edition w/yellow leather and umber maple trim, or Graphite Edition with gray leather interior with red/brown wood trim. Both have wood/leather steeriing wheels and alcantara headliners.

5.Dunno about prices these days, but the CPO and extended warranty will give me piece of mind till 2013. You should do it too. This is my first used car purchase EVER, I wanted not to sweat what happens if.......

Good luck. It's a nice driver.