new e320

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2003, 11:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what my name says
Talking new e320

Wasssaaaahhhh my peeps....

its official....i am the proud owner (actually my mom) of a brand new '03 e320 black on black. I will post photos as soon as I can get my camera back. The car looks nice inside and out...its not a 500 (we would have taken the 500 if Penske had one that had the specs and colors we wanted), but its for my mom's business so it's good enuff . After some hard bargaining and test driving at we took her home at 10:50 pm.

The car drives great...but it could use a little work on the transmission to make it a little smoother. The power obviously isnt as pleasing to me, but its plenty enuff for mom. The overall feel of the car is great...it is a Benz after all.

I'll be sure to keep everyone posted on anything and everything about the car . tks guys for all your help and insights.
Old 03-18-2003, 09:12 PM

I just took delivery last Thursday on my E320 and it will be going to the dealer tomorrow because the air conditioner won't turn off after you turn it on. Has anyone else had this problem? Very frustrating especially with less than a hundred miles on it. Also, does anyone know what those buttons on the rear center of the rear passenger ceiling light is used for? I push them and nothing happens. The service manual doesn't mention anything about this rear passenger light. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-18-2003, 09:35 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
'23 EQE 350 4MATIC
Try this link:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...ght=dome+light
Old 03-19-2003, 12:41 AM

Thanks saintvir for the link. So those buttons are for adjusting the ambient rear dome light. No mention of it in the owner's manual. I'll post what the dealer found out was the problem with my A/C not turning off once it has been turned on.
Old 03-19-2003, 10:34 AM

These MB webpages explain everything you wanted to know about inerior lighting (and virtually everything else about the E-class):

http://www.mercedes-benz.com/e/cars/.../fonddach.html

http://www.mercedes-benz.com/e/cars/...htkonzept.html
Old 03-19-2003, 11:54 PM

Well I just got my car back from the dealer and the technician said the A/C compressor is shutting off but it takes time for the cooler air to stop blowing through the vents. My '97 E320, and most other cars I have owned, the cool air usually stops blowing almost immediately when I turn off the A/C switch. Has everyone else's A/C system blow cold air well after you turn off the A/C?
Old 03-20-2003, 12:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
CChung? do you live in waterford? sorry, i think i live by you, i was just wondering if that was you? about the a/c, i havent had a problem like that. regarding the buttons, i am thinking you are meaning the dim, and brightness buttons. you need to hold them for a few seconds before you can see a dramatic difference.
Old 03-20-2003, 01:39 AM

bmms8,
No, I live in the Los Angeles area. I don't even know where Waterford is. I tried using those buttons for the rear dome light and found out it dims or brightens the ambient light for the rear. Thanks for the forum members to let me know of this!
Old 03-20-2003, 06:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
Originally posted by CChung
bmms8,
No, I live in the Los Angeles area. I don't even know where Waterford is. I tried using those buttons for the rear dome light and found out it dims or brightens the ambient light for the rear. Thanks for the forum members to let me know of this!
o, i see, i just asked because someone who lives near me has a 03 e500 with the license plate pertaining "chung" or something