E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

switching the headunits monitor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 11:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 E63-S, 1987 190E 2.3-16, 1985 325E
switching the headunits monitor

with isimple for bmw's and acura's (possible more my friends just have it on those cars) they have a switch that they flick and it switches the head unit display to a component cable compatible device ex. psp, ps2, ipod video... and so on... they just flick a switch and it turns off the standard display and it shows the psp or etc. im purchasing a dension this week as of what i know the dension can not do it... BUT is there anything that can do this for our car?

my friend has a big memory stick in his psp and he plays the equalizer as he drives and it looks very nice and its a semi show car so he turns it on to play music videos that connected a dvd player that is routed to both the head unit and his trunk tv's and it looks very clean and ideas guys that i could have this headunit somehow switch over to a dvd/component cable mode?

i have the 04' e500 with comand i know it has been updated so i can not put addresses in it while driving as of then its more accurate, but i think i read after this the secret menu can not be accessed