E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

I need help with TeleAid activation...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2003, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 996 C2 Cabrio
I need help with TeleAid activation...

I've searched the archives and have read all the +'s and -'s. However, I'm trying to make my "acquaintance call" by pushing the dreaded SOS button. The audio screen says, "Connecting call..." then I get a busy signal. This happens over and over for several minutes, regardless of whether the key is in the ignition or not. Then, the message, "Call failed." shows up and the system shuts off.

I called Mercedes on the phone and they said everything's fine with my TeleAid account (free for the first year). They said I might be in a congested area. Heck, I'm in Houston! How am I supposed to place an emergency call in the big city if I can't even connect from my driveway?!!!

Help me out... what am I doing wrong?

TIA!
Old 03-22-2003, 07:54 PM

02 996 C2 Cabrio
More information...

When I start the car, the following message is displayed: "SRS Tele Aid not activated". As I understand it, this is a normal message.

I just spoke with the dealer, and guess what? I''m going to bring her into the service bay again to have it checked out... it's probably a malfunctioning Tele Aid module.

Repeated busy signals with an eventual "Call Failed." is all I get.

I can't wait to get all these issues worked out... it's actually very disappointing for a car of this caliber.

So, here's my list so far:

1. Motor mounts replaced
2. Communications platform (CP) module was replaced
3. Tele Aid module is suspect
4. Only 250 miles on the odometer
Old 03-23-2003, 10:32 PM

2003 E320
NuBenz,

had the same problem with my new E...svc technician said the same thing when I called about it (may need a new TeleAid module)...but turns out that the TeleAid crew keyed in the wrong codes (or something like that when the dealer faxed in the agreement) so they got it straightened out and works fine...no new equiptment needed.

So far, after 508miles, that's been the only hiccup...fingers are staying crossed...although after reading a bunch of these threads, will probably take it back in soon to get some "quiet" wiper blades and the new flash sw to help w/acceleration.

Good luck with your TeleAid!

patrick
Old 03-23-2003, 10:47 PM

02 996 C2 Cabrio
Thanks pmcary...

Hopefully my "fix" will be a simple code reprogram also. If not, I have heard of these Tele Aid modules needing replacement, and that there were european modules installed in cars bound for the US.

We're taking her in tomorrow...