E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Car went Crazyy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 12:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E500 SPORT
Car went Crazyy

i have a 2003 e500 with 71k on the car.... today on my way to school i stopped at my gf house, i turned the car off n locked it ran inside n came out like 5min later n the car wouldn't unlock after 3 tries it finally unlocked.. i started driving to school n 10miles into the drive the SRS light came on the radio turned on and off and then all hell broke loose lol.... the SOS malfunction, Teleaid malfunction, display malfunction, the BRAKE light started to flash... n that happen for about five min and stopped n then came back

i got the car to school and put it up on a lift, spoke to a teacher n he told me to check fuses, battery voltage, n to check the alternator. so i started to check the fuses(all fine) i moved to the battery(trunk) 12.4V n front battery was 11.9V as i went to try and start the car i wasnt able to turn the key so i didnt get a chance to check the alternator..

so the car is currently at home got it towed here:
current Problem:
1.car wont start at all
2.wont let me turn the key in the ignition
3.car dosen't respond to key, wont lock or unlock also wont open trunk
4.battery voltage was charge up to 14.4V

Can anyone please help me wit this problem..
i spoke to a benz tech n he told me sounds like a alternator or the voltage supply unit.. n a 2nd tech from roadside told me it sounds like a ignition switch lol idk which one HELPPPPPPP

A HUGE THANKS IF ANYONE HELPSSS

my cell number is 862 686 4588 if u wanna help give me a call thanks
Old 03-17-2010, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 209 Likes on 186 Posts
'07 GL320CDI, '10 CL550
Get a new aux battery.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 A8L 4.2
Check the SAM in the trunk, mine got wet in a heavy rain, and got similar symptoms like yours. There is a grommet at the bottom of the rear glass on each side of the trunk and water can get in through there. The grommet also has the wire for the GPS antenna so it is easy to find. Make sure it is sealing correctly, and check the area to see if it is wet.