E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Did the 07 Facelift improve Pano roof internals?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 10:43 AM
Banned

Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts
Somebody must have had his head in

Same with auto close of the sunroof when it begins to rain. I love this feature and enabled it.
Old 12-12-2010, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
2009 SL550 Roadster Diamond White, 2008 CLK550 Coupe Obsidian Black
Originally Posted by chokaay
I asked the dealer about this when I purchased my 2009 E350's and noticed this feature was different from my 2001 C240. The answer I got was that for a few years now, MBUSA disabled this feature in ALL U.S. MB's due to safety legislation that doesn't allow the sunroof auto-close feature (at least the way MBUSA implemented it). Other countries still have this feature enabled (or so I've heard).
WTF!?!?!? the regular sunroofs still have auto close. UUUUHHHHHH F*ING MB
Old 12-12-2010, 04:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by gaazmon
WTF!?!?!? the regular sunroofs still have auto close. UUUUHHHHHH F*ING MB
Only the close when it rains feature and only if it's enabled. I have to keep the switch in the forward position to close it but I will look into that when I get home tomorrow if there is a auto close feature too
Old 12-12-2010, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500 Sport
I have a pano roof also. Some of my rattling is due to the fact that there is a piece of molding missing.

As the roof closes, there's a piece on the front part of the moving glass that rests on top of the arm that puts the solar panel down. That molding underneath the glass has disappeared somehow. So I put something there and rattling has stopped for now.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Tesla Model S P100D
Originally Posted by chokaay
I asked the dealer about this when I purchased my 2009 E350's and noticed this feature was different from my 2001 C240. The answer I got was that for a few years now, MBUSA disabled this feature in ALL U.S. MB's due to safety legislation that doesn't allow the sunroof auto-close feature (at least the way MBUSA implemented it). Other countries still have this feature enabled (or so I've heard).
Anyone know of a way to activate this feature? It's so annoying to have to hold the close sunroof button. Also someone mentioned the rain feature that closes the sunroof it it starts to rain. Is this on by default or has to be activated seperately?
Old 12-12-2010, 05:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by WEBSRFR
Anyone know of a way to activate this feature? It's so annoying to have to hold the close sunroof button. Also someone mentioned the rain feature that closes the sunroof it it starts to rain. Is this on by default or has to be activated seperately?
Sunroof close when it begins to rain cannot be enabled by dealership. I can do it down here in socal if one is interested. Auto close as mentioned now 4 times I will look into it when I get back tomorrow.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:04 PM
Banned

Where are Konigstiger's posts gone???
Old 12-13-2010, 05:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
2009 SL550 Roadster Diamond White, 2008 CLK550 Coupe Obsidian Black
Originally Posted by Mackhack
Only the close when it rains feature and only if it's enabled. I have to keep the switch in the forward position to close it but I will look into that when I get home tomorrow if there is a auto close feature too
lol i know the feature you have is only for rain. I was just replying to what the dealership told chokaay. How could they remove it for safety legislation reasons and still keep it on the regular sunroofs?

You know what, do the regular sunroofs have a sensor that stops the auto close once an object impedes it's motion (i.e. put your hand in the way, like with windows)? Maybe the old pano roof system did not have a sensor and that way for safety reasons in case someone's hand or something is in it, it wouldn't cause injury.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:01 PM
Banned

I believe they do have a sensor. I'm in the airplane waiting for push back. When I'm home I'll check and see about the pano roof if I can find something.

Originally Posted by gaazmon
lol i know the feature you have is only for rain. I was just replying to what the dealership told chokaay. How could they remove it for safety legislation reasons and still keep it on the regular sunroofs?

You know what, do the regular sunroofs have a sensor that stops the auto close once an object impedes it's motion (i.e. put your hand in the way, like with windows)? Maybe the old pano roof system did not have a sensor and that way for safety reasons in case someone's hand or something is in it, it wouldn't cause injury.