E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

How to run a power cord through dash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to run a power cord through dash

Hello All-

I got a ProClip mount (www.proclipusa.com) for my iPhone. It mounts on the air vent/speaker area above the climate control knobs in the center of the dash.

Anyway, I'm trying to run the power cord for the iPhone through the fins covering the speaker/vents and down to the cigarette lighter so I can piggy back off of it's power wires.

I got the fins off, the speaker off and got the iPhone power cable into the dash but can't figure out how to get the cord close to the bottom of the dash where the lighter is.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Kirk
Old 06-19-2010, 10:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e350
Do you have the ipod connector? or aux in only? I rerouted the ipod connector to come out of the ashtray. Other forums describe how to do this in detail. Those forums describe how to remove the ashtray, cdplayer and nav unit.

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...ss-drawer.html

I did need to get a 2 foot extension cable. I use a similar holder for my iphone, With the iphone clipped to the vent I don't see the value of hiding the wire? I do like being able to quickly remove the phone clip and then tuck the cable away in the ashtray for a clean look.
If you run the cable out of the vent will use always have a wire hanging from the vent? In addition, I can have the phone connected and charging also hidden in the ashtray with the door closed.