Telaid problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2003, 11:08 PM
FHP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E320
Telaid problem

Ever since I bought my new E320 (back in Nov '02) I've had a problem with the Telaid system. I keep getting the "1 Malfunction" displayed on my dash. I've taken it in three times but the problem persists. The first time they told me it was a programming problem, the second time it was a problem with the overhead module and they got replacement parts from Germany (the car was in the shop for almost 3 weeks), the third time they said they had to clear out the codes. In all 3 situations the "1 Malfunction" message re-appeared a few hours after I got the car back. The service at the dealership is nothing to write home about either. I called MBUSA but no joy. I've been driving around with the "1Malfunction" on my dash for about a month now. Any ideas on how I should proceed with this?
Thanks in advance. FHP...
Old 03-31-2003, 12:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E-500
You might search this forum for "teleaid malfunction". There have been a number of threads about this in the past.

You also might want to consider another dealer for service if there is one in your area. It is amazing how clueless some of the dealerships are on the new E.
Old 03-31-2003, 08:50 PM
Almost a Member!

MB E320, BMW 323i
Hi FHP,

I received a "SOS Teleaid" error 1 - 2 weeks after delivery of my E320. It was intermittent - it would go away after I restarted the car. This malfunction error occurred twice.

I brought it to the dealership for this and another problem and the Teleaid supposedly required a software update which they didn't have at the time. I brought it again once the software arrived the following week and it took them 1.5 days to fix. I haven't had the problem since (knock on wood).

Maybe ask your dealership about this software update? Hope this helps and good luck!
Old 04-02-2003, 09:07 PM

E500
FHP,

I had the "1 Malfunction" pop up shortly after activating the system for the first time. Rather than immediately go to the dealer I tried to connect to Tele-Aid. After repeated attempts and letting the system keep trying I got through. The rep re sent the activation signal and all has been well since. I got the malfunction message once again when I was parked in a spot with no cell signal but as soon as there was a signal it went away. My car is a Jan '03 build.