E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Metric display more accurate than imperial?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 11:12 PM
Banned

Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts
Metric display more accurate than imperial?

Hi guys,

I had the need of driving to a destination twice today and I thought lets put the nav system and cluster instrument into metric for the second ride. I don't know if it is just my imagination or is the nav system more responsive in metric over imperial? I had the feeling that the announcements are more accurate in terms of distances.

For instance at one point to enter the freeway you have to make a right turn and a immediate left turn. Usually the left turn is announced too late and one who doesn't know the route would most likely miss the entrance to the freeway.

I also noticed that the fuel consumption displayed in liter/100km vs MPG is constantly/quicker updating. The same counts with the average speed display. It just feels more responsive/more accurate.

Can someone confirm/deny or even explain?

Thank you!
Old 05-21-2010, 03:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
2009 SL550 Roadster Diamond White, 2008 CLK550 Coupe Obsidian Black
if i remember correctly, not even the English use imperial anymore. And if i remember one thing from 8th grade science is that the only country besides USA to us it now is Swaziland

That's interesting, but I believe it since the system was probably originally built for metric use and the imperial is just added in for US market vs ROW is metric. Ya, we should switch to metric, so much easier