E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Service B due in 27 days

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 08:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A few toys & 07' E350 4matic w/AMG sport packg.
Service B due in 27 days

I looked at the owners manual, service b looks super big lol. Now the oil, I can do myself. How much do they charge for it? But my main question is, what should I do? Do the oil myself and givethem the car to check the rest? Will they charge me for things like replacing he brake fluid and such?
Old 05-29-2010, 01:11 PM

2006 E320CDI
Originally Posted by MasterMoparSB
I looked at the owners manual, service b looks super big lol. Now the oil, I can do myself. How much do they charge for it? But my main question is, what should I do? Do the oil myself and givethem the car to check the rest? Will they charge me for things like replacing he brake fluid and such?
I think it is safe to say they will charge for whatever they do.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
I know areas vary, but for a V8 the B service has been about $295 on the CLS and R.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:20 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2008 ML320CDI
B service should only be about 2 hours labor. A is 1, B is 2 C is 3, etc. You should look at the maintenance schedule and depending on mileage and time there are certain things that need to be done.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
98 Brilliant Silver E320 Wagon
If you're going to the dealer for the rest of it, I wouldn't bother with the oil/filter. Yeah, you'll pay a couple dollars more for a filter and oil but what's your time worth. If you don't have a siphon device to pull the oil out through the dipstick tube you'll be crawling under the car. The risk is very low but it's not zero.

But if your goal is to become a DIYer and buy some tools then this is a good place to start. Most filters are very easy. Trans and fuel being the more technical ones. Brakes are not too hard but best done when you are experienced since the downside is the car won't stop.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by RichardM98
If you're going to the dealer for the rest of it, I wouldn't bother with the oil/filter. Yeah, you'll pay a couple dollars more for a filter and oil but what's your time worth. If you don't have a siphon device to pull the oil out through the dipstick tube you'll be crawling under the car. The risk is very low but it's not zero.

But if your goal is to become a DIYer and buy some tools then this is a good place to start. Most filters are very easy. Trans and fuel being the more technical ones. Brakes are not too hard but best done when you are experienced since the downside is the car won't stop.
I am a mechanic lol. I just don't wanna be ripped off on an oil change, but owning a Mercedes under warranty it should just be a drop off and pick up service. Mercedes needs to get they're service right IMO. BMW service is better, free brakes, free oil, etc.
Old 05-30-2010, 04:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
03 E500 and Corvette
My E500 has 98000 miles.

I just completed service F

oil filter/oil/plugs/cabin filter/air filter/brake flush/brake inspection/tire rotation/fan belt/idle pulley/flex disc inspection/and much more.

I did about 1 hr/week work over several months when I was within 3000 miles of the service with oil/filter change being last.

Not that big a deal and I can assure you I did it as good as MB would do and I have been doing this on my cars for the last 50 or so years. Once you get past the MB fear, it is another piece of machinery. Granted well designed but still a machine.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:54 PM

2006 E320CDI
I am a mechanic lol. I just don't wanna be ripped off on an oil change, but owning a Mercedes under warranty it should just be a drop off and pick up service. Mercedes needs to get they're service right IMO. BMW service is better, free brakes, free oil, etc.
Mercedes service is not covered by the warranty. Maybe you should sell the Benz and buy a Bimmer if you are looking for free service.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by vettdvr
My E500 has 98000 miles.

I just completed service F

oil filter/oil/plugs/cabin filter/air filter/brake flush/brake inspection/tire rotation/fan belt/idle pulley/flex disc inspection/and much more.

I did about 1 hr/week work over several months when I was within 3000 miles of the service with oil/filter change being last.

Not that big a deal and I can assure you I did it as good as MB would do and I have been doing this on my cars for the last 50 or so years. Once you get past the MB fear, it is another piece of machinery. Granted well designed but still a machine.
Totally agree with you sir! It is another piece of machinery. After my HID install ordeal I'm way over hat MB fear haha.

Originally Posted by edwinwalke
Mercedes service is not covered by the warranty. Maybe you should sell the Benz and buy a Bimmer if you are looking for free service.
Not looking for free service, but service should be covered under warranty from a very premium brand. We did pay a premium to own one, why not take care of us under warranty? If BMW can do it I am totally sure Merc can, its only BMW.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
C350 Elegance
Not looking for free service, but service should be covered under warranty from a very premium brand. We did pay a premium to own one, why not take care of us under warranty? If BMW can do it I am totally sure Merc can, its only BMW.
Warranties are instrument to cover defects in manufacturing materials and workmanship for a limited period of time and occurring only under one or more of the circumstances outlined in the document.

Maintenance is an expense to keep the item running as just made by servicing the parts that under normal wear and tear become worn or used up.

What it is done by some brands is to include these costs on the price of the new unit as an enticement to give the prospective buyer so that his cost worries will be covered for a limited period of time according to what is outlined in the terms of sale. This is a weapon that keeps the customer close to the dealership, that creates some friction when the user causes some premature/unscheduled damage to a maintenance item and is asked to pay for it, and finally if the program is successful, the customer will be used to go to the dealership for service and any other need. Everything quite free, indeed!!! So if you still wish a program like BMW, perhaps your MB dealer will be able to quote something for you...

Old 06-01-2010, 04:57 PM

Well my friend who owns a BMW beats the crap out of it, destroys the rotors ec, and everytime we bring it to the dealer for service they cover everything 100%. So no, they don't lure you in then ask you to pay for some things.