2006 E350 Missing Settings ????????????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 07:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 & 2006 E320 & E350 4Matics Both Black on Black
2006 E350 Missing Settings ????????????

Hi Everyone,
I recently purchased a pre-owned 2006 E350 4matic for my wife. I currently own a 2004 E320 4matic. I went to change the oil in hers today and I noticed that when I started the car only the column adjusted and the seat remained still. Also upon leaving the car same thing column rose and seat stayed still.

So, being an E-Class expert, I went to the settings menu to check the key independent and the entry settings. Low and behold they weren't in the menu. Only a setting for easy entry for on or off. Also noticed that the area for the oil level check is not there either. I have the original window sticker for the car and it lists key independent as an option. ( the car is loaded NAV, Harmon Kardon, rear shade, 17" wheels, Bi Xeon package and Tele-aid ). Does anyone else have this missing ion their '06 E or does anyone know how to re-enable them.

Thanks in advance...

Bob
Old 06-06-2010, 07:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
The key recognition was discontinued after 05 as was the easy exit seat movement. You do have the easy exit wheel that raises. This is one reason that I kept my 05 for a year longer than usual for me and recently replaced it with a W212.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:13 PM

How about the oil level indicator? It says in the manual to use the menu to check it but it's not where it should be. Thanks for the answer on the other stuff, strange that the window sticker says key independent, havent tried to see if the settings from my key to my wifes key are too different...
Old 06-06-2010, 09:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by bmatlosz
How about the oil level indicator? It says in the manual to use the menu to check it but it's not where it should be. Thanks for the answer on the other stuff, strange that the window sticker says key independent, havent tried to see if the settings from my key to my wifes key are too different...
This too was decontented but I am not certain as to when. I do know that my 05E had it as did my 06 ML500. My 2010 E does not have it nor does my new 2010 ML550. I really can't understand why MB constantly does this these days. I really likes the key dependency and the easy exit. As for the oil check, yes it was convenient but not really an item that was used frequently. By the way I found the W211s without the seat easy exit difficult to get in and out of but the W212 that also does not have it is easy even without it. Also decontented in the W211 was the SBC brakes which I also liked a lot.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:27 PM

Thanks sosh... I'll pass that along to her. Not a big deal for her, shes in shape and doesn't need a lot of room to get in and out of the car. Me, on the other hand, it's not as easy as I am fairly tall and not as young as I used to be... She mostly wanted the sound system and the Bi-Xeon in the car so I guess that's the trade off here...I also think the Tele-Aid buttons in the console aren't working. Nothing happens when you push either of them. Don't know if you need an active service for them to work or not. My 04 has the obsolete analog system and tries to dial no matter. I may run it up to MB of West Chester as it needs a trans service and have them explain the rest to me while it's there.

Bob
Old 06-06-2010, 09:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by bmatlosz
Thanks sosh... I'll pass that along to her. Not a big deal for her, shes in shape and doesn't need a lot of room to get in and out of the car. Me, on the other hand, it's not as easy as I am fairly tall and not as young as I used to be... She mostly wanted the sound system and the Bi-Xeon in the car so I guess that's the trade off here...I also think the Tele-Aid buttons in the console aren't working. Nothing happens when you push either of them. Don't know if you need an active service for them to work or not. My 04 has the obsolete analog system and tries to dial no matter. I may run it up to MB of West Chester as it needs a trans service and have them explain the rest to me while it's there.

Bob
Re the Teleaid, I believe that you must have active service for them to work but am not certain. As for MB West Chester, wonderful dealership, excellent service. I have done all my MB business and service with them since 1998, thats 7 cars. Used to be called Brandywine before they built the "Taj Mahal" This is in spite of the dealer in Devon being only 5 minutes from me. See you are from South Jersey, all I have heard about MB in Cherry Hill is not good. I also have a beach house in S Jersey. Good luck!!
Old 06-06-2010, 10:54 PM

Yes, purchased my first two MB's from WC, always a pleasure to do business with them. The 06 came from Precision Cars of AC, as they were the only ones that had the car we were looking for at the price we wanted to pay. Would not buy there again though, first they tried to jack the price $5500 over what they had it advertised for on Cars.com. After we got that cleared up ( blamed the pre-owned manager who wasn't there ) it had a bearing noise in the left front wheel and all four tires were bald. Told them to fix those problems and we would return to test drive again and if they were fixed to our satisfaction we would buy it. Returned a week later and the car had new tires and the bearing replaced. They then tried to jack the price $2000 for the repairs they did. I told the sales girl that wasn't what we agreed to and told them we were walking unless they gave us the original advertised price we had in our hands from the ad. She tried some lame BS about owning the car for more then the sale price and we got up and started walking out the door. The finance manager jumped in front of my car as we were pulling out and asked us to come back in. It was now Saturday evening at 6:00 PM and the dealership was empty. We agreed to take the car for the advertised price, but they had not detailed it. The seats and carpets were dirty and the pollen was about an inch thick on it. After about ten minutes of them scrambling around looking for someone to clean the car I told them to take the cost of a detail off the price and I would take care of it. ( managed a body and detail shop in my early 20's. ) They said the paperwork was already in to the finance company so they gave me a we-owe for one ( I'll never go back there again let alone let them detail the car after I did it ) So steer clear of those jokers. I get my parts at Cherry Hill, they don't seem too bad in that department. Never dealt with the sales or service so I cannot speak for that. We also have a house is Sea Isle City. Thanks again.

Bob

Trending Topics

Old 06-06-2010, 10:58 PM

PS had a 74 Vette for over ten years, finally got tired of it about four years ago and sold it. It always had something wrong with it so it wasn't a sad goodbye when it left. Much happier owning the Benz's.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Re Precision, have had limited contact with them as I went there with a friend to help him buy an S Class couple of years ago. I was not impressed, seemed to be sloppily run and the female sales person not only was not knowledgeable but provided him inaccurate info re many of the tech items in the car. He though seems OK with their shop which also did not impress me as it was dark, dirty and disorganized.
Re the Vette, till about 3 yrs ago I had a 65 that I had since new. Received an offer that I could not refuse and took it. Missed it so in about a year I went out and bought the 66. Only put maybe 1500 to 2000 miles a year on it and it costs more than the Benz to maintain!!
Old 06-07-2010, 09:53 PM

W211 Elegance Saloon
MB uses MBrace now instead of Teleaid
Old 06-07-2010, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by fortlaudsummer
MB uses MBrace now instead of Teleaid
Whats that have to do with this guys question?? This is an 06 E, not a new one. And by the way Teleaid is still the service for the older vehicles and at the owners direction its easy to convert from Teleaid to M Brace.