E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Need help with several things...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Mercedes-Benz E500
Question Need help with several things...

Hello everyone, I have been trying to find out what exactly does "Service C" consist of but still not 100% clear. I know it includes an oil filter and oil change along with checking all fluids and checking of the brake pad wear since it has the little "+" after the "service c". Is there anything else that has to be checked or replaced along with the above mentioned things? Another message I have been getting on the display is the "BRAKE-Service Brake Visit Workshop" message. I read on another post that it is the brake switch that goes out and it costs like about $10, but I just want to make sure that is exactly or almost exactly what the problem is. I have another message that shows up on the display that says that the SRS system is malfunctioning and it comes on only when there is a passenger in the front seat and it comes on and off at random times... It has officially driven me crazy! Again, Im fairly confident that it is the Occupant Seat Sensor that is bad but I just want to make sure if this is the real cause of the problem. I have another message that comes on every time I turn the car on and it is the "SOS Teleaid not activated visit workshop" message my guess is since I bought the car used and it no longer has warranty, the SOS is not activated because the subscription has expired??? Is there any way to make that message go away without having the teleaid activated? Lastly I have one last problem, I recently replaced the driver side engine mount but when I dropped the car and got in to back it up out of the shop, I immediately noticed that the steering wheel was very very hard to turn almost as if it had no power steering. Someone on this site told me it might be the SPS valve but I would appreciate it if someone could give me a second opinion on that. Now due to the steering problem, the lever for the turn signals and wipers clicks loud every time I turn the steering wheel all the way in full turns from one side to another... Any ideas as to what it could be? Thanks guys I know its a lot of stuff but I would greatly appreciate any help.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 E550, 2012 GL450, 2014 GLK350, 2015 S550, 2020 GLC350e
I would edit your post and restructure it. It is very difficult to read. Separate all your issues into a list or bullet points or something. Its almost like one giant sentence.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Mercedes-Benz E500
Ok I basically need help with these:

1. What does "Service C" consist of?
2. What does "BRAKE-Service Brake Visit Workshop" message mean?
3. "SRS is defective" message comes up whenever there is someone in the front passenger seat. Turns on and off at random times, sometimes without anybody in the seat.
4. "SOS defective Teleaid not activated" message comes on every time i turn the car on. How do i get rid of it?
5. I recently replaced the driver side engine mount but when i got in the car to back it out of the shop, the steering wheel was extremely hard almost as if it had no power steering and its only when the car is stopped or just pulling away. When its in cruising speed it turns smooth. i checked the power steering fluid everything is fine no lights on in the instrument panel.