E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Question about new muffler on e500 with sport bumper..how to make it fit?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 12:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E500 Sport
Question about new muffler on e500 with sport bumper..how to make it fit?

I have a e500 with the stock sport bumper, dual single tips with the single tip cutout on bumper. I've been told that the only way to make an aftermarket exhaust fit is to cut the bumper for the quad tips. Thinking of getting the metster.... btw... Is there a amg rear diffuser that i can purchase with the dual tip spacing or would i have to buy a new entire amg bumper, not going to do.... just want t make it look clean....i know a few c class guys putting on a amg c63 diffuser and it looks tight. Just not sure if the e class is a diffuser or whole bumper assembly.

Thanks......
Old 08-17-2010, 01:16 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If your vehicle has the AMG Sport package, you can order the E55 rear diffuser that attaches with double sided tape.

You WILL need to use the diffuser as a template to "dremel" the bumper to accommodate the quad tips. It's not a big deal.

Part number you need to order: 211-885-13-25
Attached Thumbnails Question about new muffler on e500 with sport bumper..how to make it fit?-picture-033.jpg  
Old 08-17-2010, 01:59 PM

2006 E500 Sport
Ok that sounds good..But I have one slight problem...

I'm not really sure what bumper i have. I do have the amg sport package BUT I had to take my car in for a slight rear ending and the dealer said my bumper had been replaced with a later model. I have an 06 e500 but the bumper is from a newer model. It does not have the recessed line on the side, the side of the bumper is smooth. it does have the rear single tip cutouts. they said it was a newer model because the chrome bump around the bumper is one piece and not the 3 section like on the original 06. It was a CPO car so i dont know its history..... any way for me to check if the diffuser will fit???
Old 08-17-2010, 05:21 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wow, I would NOT of let them get away with that BS. They very well could have and SHOULD have replaced it with the proper part number. If not, they should of at least put the "updated" AMG Sport package bumper on.

They gave you a "regular" sport rear bumper.

Sorry to hear that!!!!
Old 08-17-2010, 08:48 PM

2006 E500 Sport
I bought the car CPO and that was the bumper that came on the car at purchase. Even though it has the AMG Sport package.... The bumper was obviously replaced as it is an 06 and the bumper is from a later model 07+ because of the one piece bumper pad and not the 3 piece from the 06. I took it to fletcher jones for repairs and they had to put on the same bumper per AAA who was paying for the repairs. ARGH!!!

So i take it that this means im out of luck on the AMG diffuser then..?

Guess my only option is to just have a shop cut the bumper to allow for the bigger tips....Really don't want to have to do that as i want to sell it back as a stock vehicle. Figured it would be an easier sell and i could pull the new exhaust back off and sell it too....looks like it will just have to go with the car.....

Do I have any other option? I am stretching to buy a 2000$$ muffler and don not want to get into the bumper too....Factor in a ecu tune and that is close to selling my car and just getting an E55......I miss my Subie...i thought a catless ceramic coated turbo back for $1200 was bad....