E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

reseting malfunction light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 11:48 PM

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post
2010 GLK
reseting malfunction light

I removed the drivers seat in our w211 wagon to have the upholstery repaired.
I did this a few years ago to fix the same panel. After installation I have an SRS failure because I disconnected the airbag wire group from under the seat and reinstalled. When I did this before there was a thread on how to reset...I thought it was pretty simple like 'turn the wheel all the way to the left then right' but I'm missing something because it didn't work this time. Anybody remember the sequence to clear the light?
Old 08-30-2010, 12:51 PM

2010 GLK
further info...

It wasn't turning the wheel all the way to the right then left...that fixes the WAS error. I must have had that error in the past. Still can't figure out how I reset the SRS light w/o the dealer. Maybe it went a away after awhile.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:12 PM

2010 GLK
please ignore/remove post

I figured it out. I removed the seat, installed but forgot to attach the airbag wire group before starting the car. When I started the car and saw the SRS light I remembered I forgot to attach and did so. Unfortunately the error was logged and even though it had been repaired you can't clear this type of error w/o special tools. I had our indie clear the code (no charge).
Old 09-10-2010, 09:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P-Carro
Originally Posted by jroach
I figured it out. I removed the seat, installed but forgot to attach the airbag wire group before starting the car. When I started the car and saw the SRS light I remembered I forgot to attach and did so. Unfortunately the error was logged and even though it had been repaired you can't clear this type of error w/o special tools. I had our indie clear the code (no charge).

I just did a search for the same problem but on the passenger side, and found this thread..who took care of that error for you? Does star diagnostics take care of this? tx
Old 09-13-2010, 09:58 AM

2010 GLK
our local indie shop did it for me. Took him some time...said he had to go several screens into the system to reset. I believe it was star diagnostics but not certain. No way that I could find to do this yourself.