E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Easy Exit repaired (not keyless go)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2003, 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E-500
Smile Easy Exit repaired (not keyless go)

EDJ posted a thread last week about his easy exit feature not working and I had the same problem. This is NOT a Keyless Go equipped unit, so has nothing to do with the other thread that is running.

Took my E-500 in last week because the easy exit feature was not working. It had worked earlier then at some point just quit.
It was really a pain when my wife used the car before me.

It would not turn "on" on the steering wheel menu so I was pretty sure that something was more than a little wrong.
They changed the Instrument Cluster and the easy exit worked great when I drove away. I noticed that the analog clock was off about 1 hour and 20 minutes. I reset it through the dash menu and after going through its spinning back and forth...remained wrong by the same amount. Called the service advisor and he decided that the new cluster must be defective

Took it back in today and they put in yet another instrument cluster. Everything appears to work fine.
I had them do another alignment and install the camber bolts this time. Appears to have done the trick.

Had them try to adjust the wipers to get rid of noise. They say they installed new blades and adjusted the arms. The problem was not the blades as they were working fine. Have not had a chance to try them yet so don't know if it got rid of the "clunk" or not.

Ed

Last edited by etenn; 04-16-2003 at 10:30 PM.
Old 04-17-2003, 10:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'03 W211 aka E-500
Congrats

Cool deal Ed. And congrats on the repair. I'll print it out so when I go in for mine, they'll be well advised.

EDJ