E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Setting TPC and other things to NOT PRESENT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 09:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 w204, 2003 986S, 2008 955S
Setting TPC and other things to NOT PRESENT

Where can I get my hands on a STAR system for about an hour? Anyone rent them? Are there other "similar" after market systems that are capable of setting TPMS to "Not Present"? Sure, no dealer in thier right mind would disable a TPMS but I certainly would. Mine is dead and the dealer is telling me min 2 hrs diagnostics and no guarantees. They say the DTC is telling them that the TPC isn't communicating with the rest of the system. That's what I need. 2 hrs diags, replace the TCP and replace all 4 sensors, maybe more. No matter how you put it, it's going to be $1K bill for an option that cost $600. I would rather set it to "NOT PRESENT". And while we're at it I wouldn't mind setting TeleAid to "NOT PRESENT". This one really ticeked me off when MB tells me that it's analog and will not work anymore unelss I spend $3k to upgrade it. Oh yea, phone too. Might as well set that to "NOT PRESENT" too and actually remove all the center console bits to give me more room to store goodies.
Help !!!
Old 10-31-2010, 02:05 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
06 E55(SOLD), 03 E500(SOLD)
There are aftermarket systems available. I think there is a sticky thread in the W211 AMG forum about one.

Try contacting a local independent Mercedes mechanic to have those features disabled.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:04 PM
Banned

Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts
Tell them they are full of ****. Seriously? 2hrs of what? Trial and error because they don't know what they are doing and have to play around and charge you for using your car to practice what they don't know?

I could get so angry when I just read what you posted (not b/c of you but of them)!

Connecting the SDS and starting DAS takes 2 minutes. Going through the 2 or 3 different locations where it needs to be disabled takes not more than another 2 minutes max.

We're talking about 4 minutes of their time! If you would be here in San Diego, I would say stop by and I'm gonna disable it for you really quick!

PM me! I have a solution for you!