E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Command Solution - two MBUSA letters

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2003, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And so it ends...

I finally got a call from my dealership today. Some retail manager dude/drone called me and gave me the two options:

1. $2000 Cash---I laughed real hard at that one. He almost seemed ashamed at that.
2. Same car, no other options, has to be an '03, delivered in September.

I said to him this sucks, can't you at least make a good will gesture here? He said he can't but he will let the regional manager know.

The RGM's name is Mr. Stohlman (no relation to the guy who own other car dealerships in DC area). He said, well sir, I am afraid I have no better news for you, we cannot do anything beyond what MBUSA has offered. I said hmm...and what about a forum buddy of mine who got a wooden wheel thrown in for his trouble down at Arlington? He said he knows nothing of that, and that they are doing NOTHING in excess of what has already been offered.

At this point, I was so pissed, I thanked him for calling me and told me to put me in my new car by October. I also said throwing a wooden wheel or something like that won't break your bank and certainly won't make me rich, but it would have gone a long way towards establishing good will. Oh well...

I have no intention of keeping it, I will either trade it to BMW at 0 miles or just sell it and downgrade.

What a fiasco.
Old 05-02-2003, 08:30 PM

E500
Monakh, If you really have an E55 on order, presumably from the same dealer, I would think you would have more leverage. Dealers rely on repeat buisness. What will they do if you cancel your order?
Old 05-02-2003, 08:43 PM

E500
Don't despair despite dealers initial hardline and inflexible stance.
Ultimately they need your business. Eventually your lease will expire.

Mercedes Benz brand stature is slipping. Look at JD Powers and other customer quality surveys. Look at resale values at auctions.
Why are many dealers already discounting E-classes? They cannot afford to alienate existing customers. Multiply their word of mouth by 5x, 10x. Why do you think they ask that question on the initial owners survey?

Competitively things will not get better for MB. Look at this weeks Autospies and check out the pictures of upcoming Lexus LS and GS models. They will not be disadvantaged by the likes of Bangle and his ugly BMW designs.
Old 05-02-2003, 09:21 PM
drb

03 E320, sport package, moon roof, sound upgrade, brilliant silver, charcoal leather, heated seats..
Originally posted by rayscar
I just spoke to me dealer again, HBL in Tyson’s Corner VA and they refuse to do anything more than replace my EXACT car with a Nav equipped 2003! No extras, no wood wheel, no 2004.

I called MB and they said I must negotiate with the dealer I purchased the car from only. I told them that my dealer wasn't willing to make things right IMO. He said that MB couldn’t do anything about that. I need to work out what I can from the dealer.

On another point, MB said my MB extended warranty would start over on the new car. My dealer said it would transfer but not start over! Who the H- - - knows what is going on here. Communications are still messed up. The dealer says one thing, MB says another.

Finally I asked HBL about a buy back. He said no way.

So what do you all think. We have to take whatever our individual dealers are offering and that's it? Take it or leave it? I am very angry with the way this is going!
take a look at the thread ... new navi news...today the tide appears to have shifted. When I told ASC- arlington about this they called their regional office, confirmed the news, and I told them how I wanted to modify my selection. The entire situation took no more than 30 minutes.
Old 05-02-2003, 09:23 PM
drb

03 E320, sport package, moon roof, sound upgrade, brilliant silver, charcoal leather, heated seats..
Re: And so it ends...

Originally posted by monakh
I finally got a call from my dealership today. Some retail manager dude/drone called me and gave me the two options:

1. $2000 Cash---I laughed real hard at that one. He almost seemed ashamed at that.
2. Same car, no other options, has to be an '03, delivered in September.

I said to him this sucks, can't you at least make a good will gesture here? He said he can't but he will let the regional manager know.

The RGM's name is Mr. Stohlman (no relation to the guy who own other car dealerships in DC area). He said, well sir, I am afraid I have no better news for you, we cannot do anything beyond what MBUSA has offered. I said hmm...and what about a forum buddy of mine who got a wooden wheel thrown in for his trouble down at Arlington? He said he knows nothing of that, and that they are doing NOTHING in excess of what has already been offered.

At this point, I was so pissed, I thanked him for calling me and told me to put me in my new car by October. I also said throwing a wooden wheel or something like that won't break your bank and certainly won't make me rich, but it would have gone a long way towards establishing good will. Oh well...

I have no intention of keeping it, I will either trade it to BMW at 0 miles or just sell it and downgrade.

What a fiasco.
take a look at the thread ... new navi news...today the tide appears to have shifted. When I told ASC- arlington about this they called their regional office, confirmed the news, and I told them how I wanted to modify my selection. The entire situation took no more than 30 minutes. The ASC contact said the builds for replacements are in May and June.
Old 05-02-2003, 10:28 PM

E500
Since changes can be made as long as options are paid for I would think we should be able to negotiate them at dealer cost for the hastle and delays we have endured.
Old 05-03-2003, 03:25 PM

e500

Because of my experience at ASC, my E55 pre-order is from EuroMotorCars. Hence, I don't have any leverage per se.

My only leverage is my experience and word of mouth. Even though the 'tide seems to have shifted' and MB is allowing equipment changes, that is not (IMHO) not that great of a deal. I am less concerned about getting Keyless Go (I would love that option) than about the dealership establishing good will (which they have failed to do so, thus far).

I think I will let the E55 come, but skip to the new M5. I am about 90% certain that the new M5 will be faster. My only concern is the interior build quality of the new 5-series.

Looks like we are outta options all around, perhaps the new Lexus GS is best option. I wish the damn LS, while a fine vehicle, wasn't so bland (for a 33 year old like me).
Old 05-03-2003, 04:54 PM

E500
Have you seen the next LS picture on this week's Aotospies?
There's also a picture of the next GS and checkout where and with who testing is being done.
Old 05-03-2003, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E500 Sport
e500, i did see the new Lexus LS. It is much more modern. I like the direction it's taking