MBrace Thoughts, Features, and Useage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 11:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Tesla Model S P100D
MBrace Thoughts, Features, and Useage

I accepted the 3-month trial of MBrace and MBrace Plus to see how I like it. I would love to hear from anyone who has these services activated on how useful it is and what you use it for -- especially the MBrace Plus concierge feature. I'm trying to figure out various real-life circumstances I could use it in to decide if it is worth the cost.

I realize the MBrace Web site has a list of features but I am looking more for real-world situations. For example, if you are late for a meeting, can they call on your behalf to give an ETA? Also would a 2007 W211 navigation support POI download to the car and activate navigation to a destination while you are on the line with the MBrace people?
Old 12-19-2010, 11:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 Jaguar FT-R
I have Teleaid in my MB and Onstar in my Vette. I doubt there is any cost-benefit that could justify the cost. It really comes to peace of mind beyond what AAA can provide for you. I have the more expensive concierge service with the Vette and it has come in handy a few times when I am looking for something specific that is not in the map database.
I have used POI download while talking to Teleaid, but my 2009 navi is a different system than yours.
Larry
Old 12-19-2010, 12:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Once you complete your 3 month trial, can you go month to month thereafter for $20 per month, or do you have to commit for the full year at $240?
Old 12-19-2010, 02:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Tesla Model S P100D
Originally Posted by stevedok
Once you complete your 3 month trial, can you go month to month thereafter for $20 per month, or do you have to commit for the full year at $240?
I was told you can pay for the year (discounted rate that way) and then if you cancel, you will receive a pro rated refund.

I was specifically looking for some scenarios where forum members found the concierge service to be useful to justify the cost. For example, can they get you into a restaurant that is otherwise full? I know some Amex plans can get you into places on short notice. Unless I can think of some special cases where I can actually use the service that $20 X 12 extra seems to be tough to justify.

I can see the benefit if you drive long distance a lot but I am mostly drive around town. One feature that seems really nice is the ability to locate where you parked the car but it seems to only work with an iPhone and I have Android with a Galaxy S phone
Old 12-19-2010, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Originally Posted by WEBSRFR
I accepted the 3-month trial of MBrace and MBrace Plus to see how I like it. I would love to hear from anyone who has these services activated on how useful it is and what you use it for -- especially the MBrace Plus concierge feature. I'm trying to figure out various real-life circumstances I could use it in to decide if it is worth the cost.

I realize the MBrace Web site has a list of features but I am looking more for real-world situations. For example, if you are late for a meeting, can they call on your behalf to give an ETA? Also would a 2007 W211 navigation support POI download to the car and activate navigation to a destination while you are on the line with the MBrace people?
2007 Nav has no download capabilities. To do so requires that the Nav & Head unit be combined in 1 unit. They are not in our cars.

Mine is activated but outside of my first "Hello call" I don't use it. Its there for accident notification. I just don't like things that are in my car not to work. (I also hare blanked out buttons that tell me I didn't order that option. LOL)
Old 12-19-2010, 07:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2008 ML320CDI
I have Teleaid, I purchased the higher plan just to try for one year. So far I have used it about 10 times for traffic, and has saved me from getting caught in traffic. I have not used it for reservations or anything else so far. I got a letter offering me MBrace, I will see what the costs are when mine is due next April
Old 12-20-2010, 12:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Tesla Model S P100D
Originally Posted by Barry45RPM
2007 Nav has no download capabilities. To do so requires that the Nav & Head unit be combined in 1 unit. They are not in our cars.

Mine is activated but outside of my first "Hello call" I don't use it. Its there for accident notification. I just don't like things that are in my car not to work. (I also hare blanked out buttons that tell me I didn't order that option. LOL)
Are you sure the POI download is not supported by a new update that the MBrace sales person said is available? I was asked to go to the dealer to get the update. I specifically wanted him to check that my 2007 E550 nav supports POI download and he put me on hold and came back to tell me he checked and that it does support it. Was he misinformed?
Old 12-20-2010, 09:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E 350
Are you sure the POI download is not supported by a new update that the MBrace sales person said is available? I was asked to go to the dealer to get the update. I specifically wanted him to check that my 2007 E550 nav supports POI download and he put me on hold and came back to tell me he checked and that it does support it. Was he misinformed?
I was told that by MBrace as well, turned out not to be true. Although that was about a year ago and I guess there could be something new that's come out.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
The Google Destination & POI DL is for 2009> E Classes w/ the new COMAND system. We here at the Forum know more about our cars than the MBrace sales staff.

From the Mbrace Website (Underlining is mine.):

Requirements For POI Download:
4 Vehicle equipped with mbrace™
4 Active subscriber agreement
4 Vehicle cellular service
4 Vehicle GPS satellite signal required
to identify location
4 COMAND navigation system
embedded in vehicle’s head unit

4 Service is available up to four days
after last engine activity
4 Service is available on Model Year
2007 and later S-Class and
CL-Class; Model Year 2008 and
later C-Class; and Model Year 2009
all vehicles except for Maybach,
SLR-Class and CLK-Class

Last edited by Barry45RPM; 12-20-2010 at 10:40 AM.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Tesla Model S P100D
Interesting to know that MBrace people are selling non-existent products to their customers! The POI download would have been worth the cost of the subscription for me. Too bad our cars do not support it. The sales person was adamant that after the "update" the POI download would work though...