08 Mercedes replacement grille insert

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 04:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350
08 Mercedes replacement grille insert

Hi all,

I was wondering what you guys think about changing the grille insert with the big mercedes emblem on it. Do you guys think it would look nice or should I just save my money. If you guys think it will look nice which one do you guys recommend?

it look something like this
http://www.carparts.com/details/Merc...bm070143177953

thanks in advance... and happy holidays everybody!!!
Old 12-27-2010, 12:10 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
E320 2004 model Silver sedan
I did mine

I replaced mine and it looks HOT. got many compliments on my car. If you do that make sure you remove the mercedes badge on the hood and replace it with a flat mercedes badge.
You can sell your existing grill and probably end up being even for the cost so the Mod wont cost you alot.
I sold my grill and endup being even with the Mod.
good luck and post pictures if you do it.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:54 PM

E350
Dewana421,

do you have any pictures please?
Old 12-27-2010, 07:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 203 Likes on 140 Posts
W212 M276 DELA 30 ; W211 OM642 ; R107 M117, Sierra 1500 LZ0
I think it looks ghetto and cheapens the appearance. Might as well throw on the chrome outlined tail lamps while you're at it.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Tesla Model S P100D
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by DubVBenz
I think it looks ghetto and cheapens the appearance. Might as well throw on the chrome outlined tail lamps while you're at it.

+1

I'd expect this to be driven with spinner wheels and an ipad clock around the neck
Old 01-02-2011, 05:47 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
It looks terrible, devalues, and declasses the car. Plus, makes it look a lot older than it is. The grille opening is not designed or proportioned to look good or proper at all with the ostentatious aftermarket star grille.

Keep it classy, and keep the grille.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A few toys & 07' E350 4matic w/AMG sport packg.
Originally Posted by K-A
It looks terrible, devalues, and declasses the car. Plus, makes it look a lot older than it is. The grille opening is not designed or proportioned to look good or proper at all with the ostentatious aftermarket star grille.

Keep it classy, and keep the grille.
Agreed. It bothers me that the w204 Sports have the big star grill..if I had one I'd swap to the "Luxury" grill ASAP.
Old 01-18-2017, 08:47 PM

2008 Mercedes Benz E350 4matic
I have the 2008 E350 4matic w/AMG Sport Pkg. I swapped the luxury grill for the sport. I also have the chromed head, tail and 3rd brake light addons. I smoked ALL windows and added a carbon fiber trunk spoiler. I also carbon fiber wrapped the side mirrors and exterior window door trim. Note....I did not remove the star hood ornament. I am about to add the Illuminated Star to further "cheapen" the look and put in my bid for the Guinness record for most ostentatious E350 on the planet. The car is Black w/ black interior and is rolling on 20's. As the pics will show I will do with what I own whatever I like. I will also add that CarMax will offer me the exact price as it will anyone with a purely stock vehicle. So much for thinking that modifying a car "devalues" it except when talking about classics for collectors. With the flood of E350's on the market today I doubt seriously that they will ever be considered collectibles so no fear of losing any sleep on this end. Not sure what the reference "ghetto" was meant to convey and to whom but I don't find what I did to my car offensive in any way but such talk I do. People who own MBZ are not ordinary so I see no need to fear free expression. For those who want to mod have at it....For those who wish to leave things just the way they are...then do nothing.

sport grill swap w/ chromed headlight. Note hood ornament still in place. Illuminated Grill star coming soon.....<br/>

carbon fiber wrapped side mirrors

20's with MB center hub insert and yellow calipers

carbon fiber trunk spoiler

chromed door handle inserts w/ carbon fiber wrapped door trim

chromed tail and 3rd brake light trim.

Last edited by Tuqan; 01-18-2017 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Seeing Is Believing
Old 01-28-2017, 11:45 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Current: 2007 E350 P1 and P2
Originally Posted by Tuqan
I have the 2008 E350 4matic w/AMG Sport Pkg. I swapped the luxury grill for the sport. I also have the chromed head, tail and 3rd brake light addons. I smoked ALL windows and added a carbon fiber trunk spoiler. I also carbon fiber wrapped the side mirrors and exterior window door trim. Note....I did not remove the star hood ornament. I am about to add the Illuminated Star to further "cheapen" the look and put in my bid for the Guinness record for most ostentatious E350 on the planet. The car is Black w/ black interior and is rolling on 20's. As the pics will show I will do with what I own whatever I like. I will also add that CarMax will offer me the exact price as it will anyone with a purely stock vehicle. So much for thinking that modifying a car "devalues" it except when talking about classics for collectors. With the flood of E350's on the market today I doubt seriously that they will ever be considered collectibles so no fear of losing any sleep on this end. Not sure what the reference "ghetto" was meant to convey and to whom but I don't find what I did to my car offensive in any way but such talk I do. People who own MBZ are not ordinary so I see no need to fear free expression. For those who want to mod have at it....For those who wish to leave things just the way they are...then do nothing.

sport grill swap w/ chromed headlight. Note hood ornament still in place. Illuminated Grill star coming soon.....<br/>

carbon fiber wrapped side mirrors

20's with MB center hub insert and yellow calipers

carbon fiber trunk spoiler

chromed door handle inserts w/ carbon fiber wrapped door trim

chromed tail and 3rd brake light trim.
I'm wondering why you bothered to ask opinions if you were going to be offended by what you heard?

Here's my opinion: your car looks tacky, awful, and hideous. If I were a cop I'd pull you over for bad taste.
The following 2 users liked this post by Wodeshed:
bernard farquar (02-06-2017), psnevets (02-02-2017)
Old 01-29-2017, 06:39 AM

2008 Mercedes Benz E350 4matic
Actually I didn't ask for anyone's opinion but I see that u chose to offer one of your own. I respect it for what it is. A opinion. I modify everything mass produced to make it my own. That's just me. Now if I happened to own a unique one 0ff vehicle I might keep it pure as it rolled off the assembly line. Being a limited edition is custom enough....but a car that has become as common as a fleet of crown royal taxis in a over-populated city?
Hell I might de-badge it and call it Bertha. Why would I do it? Simply put it's mine and that's the attitude anyone who owns something should have about their possessions. You worked for it, you maintain it then do with it what you will.
Old 01-29-2017, 02:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 134 Likes on 124 Posts
W204 C63 AMG, W212 E250 CGI, C207 E250 CGI
Old 01-30-2017, 11:55 PM

Received 130 Likes on 105 Posts
20' RCF, 18' NX, 09' E350, 07' Solara, 05' STi, 01' Ranger
I'm not a fan of the star grill on our w211's. They just don't flow for some reason. On our w209 it looked OK, but I always wanted a Mercedes with the proper Star emblem on the hood, so I was really happy when we got our w211 and it was a proper look to it for a luxury car... Now it seems like MB is going away with that and making most models with the Star emblem on the grill.

My only gripe with the car above is that it has 20" wheels with tiny *** rear brakes/stock brakes. I never understood that logic and I see it all the time with ALL cars. Everyone gets giant wheels and then the calipers look extremely small or painted which is even worse drawing attention to a part that shouldn't be accentuated. IE: If you are going with giant wheels then you should get a BBK to fill the huge gap that is now present from the calipers. I'm doing this now actually, just because I was not happy with the stock brakes on 18" factory wheels. I'm not a fan of mixing lots of stuff either. IE: Real carbon fiber and wrapped carbon fiber vinyl. It doesn't match and in my opinion once you add any real CF to a car you are now stuck with doing it the proper way and things you want CF should be CF, mirror covers, interior pieces...etc.

But everyone likes to mod their cars differently, so there is no point in really throwing people under a bus for what they like or don't like. Most things I see, people do way too much and make it tacky. While others keep it simple and clean. Hell my STi has a ton of JDM parts that can't be had anymore and my wife still says that car looks like some Mexican car. It's clearly not to someone that knows Subies and understands what is on the car, but to her and probably a lot of people they just see a boy racer car. Most people see **** on cars and either like it or hate it. There isn't really an in between...lol

-Nigel
Old 02-01-2017, 12:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 257 Likes on 228 Posts
2018 GLC300 4Matic; 2008 ML550 4Matic; 2004 C320
To each their own, and with that said, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

If one mods, I still think it needs to look right, still classy and not tacky. I personally like to stick with OEM parts, I do not even like it if a Benz just gets a set of random, none OEM chrome wheels, it just does not sit well with me, suit the car right. The below car in my opinion looks very tacky and has way too much stuff done to it.

Call me old fashioned, but a Benz is still a Benz, ...... a example of fine German Engineering and should mostly be kept as such.

I think there is a reason why there was no Mercedes part of the FAST N' FURIOUS movies. Now Men in Black had a W211 as a very class ride.

And please do not forget, we all (hopefully) chose to drive a Mercedes for a reason, otherwise we would be modding Nissan 300 Z's or Honda Civics.
Old 02-01-2017, 12:09 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLS350 | W211 E280(Retired)
I have the 2008 E350 4matic w/AMG Sport Pkg.
The following users liked this post:
bernard farquar (02-06-2017)
Old 02-06-2017, 03:24 PM

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
2011 E350, 1998 ML320
Not sure what the reference "ghetto" was meant to convey and to whom but I don't find what I did to my car offensive in any way but such talk I do.
That you're unsure of the reference indicates a lack of self-awareness. You might be offended by such talk, but many are offended by slapping 20's and carbon fiber colored vinyl all over a Mercedes, so fair's fair I guess?