Missing back white square

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Missing back white square

Hey peeps...
First off happy new years to all the MB fanatics out there! Anyways, I
took my 07 E350 to the car wash today and it consisted of a power hose. And as the people were trying to dry it today (because I live in NJ) I noticed thatr the back bumper.. I dont know what it is called... (tow cover?) that little square popped off because of the power of water and now it is missing. The staff said to give them until Tuesday to find it in their gutters, if not they will pay for it. But for me, Im very very impatient and short tempered especially when something happens to my car. Its really not a big deal,(like I said before... it just popped off and is missing) but it looks very ackward, as my car is pure white and on the rear bumper a black open square where my cover..(what is is really called?) is missing. Just in case, any idea where I can purchase one? (Ive looked online all over I cant find the proper one) and any idea what it is called? Thanks for your help and hope that your new year is a good one!

Daniel
Old 12-31-2010, 11:54 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,433 Likes on 3,150 Posts
'71 Pinto
Towing Eye Cover part 21188015059650 (for comparison shopping, parts.com $20.70).
Old 01-01-2011, 11:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Mine went missing one time also. They are also retained by a 6 inch plastic tether with an anchor on the bottom, so even if it snaps out it can only fall 6 inches and dangle, so the reality is that it was probably stolen somewhere when you were too busy to notice.

They install interestingly also.. After the tether is attached to a slot, the top of the cover is pushed into the square opening sort of top inward, face up. Then the bottom of the cover is pressed downward. The top swings up like a see-saw & snaps into place from behind by pressing on the bottom of the front of the cover.

They don't stock all colors pre painted. I'm a 747 Granite. It came in primer black & a body shop had to paint it. (It came out perfectly & they didn't even charge me... so I gave the guy a $20 tip because I was so happy.)

Don't make yourself crazy. It could have been worse. Someone could have backed into you. The whole fix takes a day or two... but the black hole does look out at you like a poke in the eye.

Last edited by Barry45RPM; 01-01-2011 at 11:04 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the advice and omments... I know.. All I see is just one black square. It just stands out.