E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

W211 Euro comand Vs US Comand: pros & cons

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2019, 11:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz E 350 4 Matic 2008 , ML 350 4 Matic 2013
i am not a pro but i am pretty sure somehow your car should have a port to add blueetoth for the phone . pretty much its standard for mb to have phone connection. mine is 10 years old and looks. if you could send me your model and year i can look up for you.
Old 05-05-2019, 11:07 PM
Banned

Received 115 Likes on 98 Posts
Originally Posted by W211.
i am not a pro but i am pretty sure somehow your car should have a port to add blueetoth for the phone . pretty much its standard for mb to have phone connection. mine is 10 years old and looks. if you could send me your model and year i can look up for you.
It only has it if the first owner ordered it from the factory with the system. And most US customers don’t order cars. They go to the dealership between breakfast and lunch and pick what’s on the lot. They don’t wait 6 months until it’s made to order like the rest of the world. Simple people.
The following users liked this post:
mtrevelino (05-06-2019)
Old 05-06-2019, 07:23 AM

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
2006 E320 CDI
Originally Posted by W211.
Please tell me where on the attached I have the phone prep! Like Mackhack said, our cdi's (or any W-211) do not normally come with phone prep unless special ordered.
Mike T.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
MSRP.pdf (374.1 KB, 113 views)
Old 05-06-2019, 08:52 AM

In case you did not order probably they at least prewire in case you change your mind later and you buy the Bluetooth !

If not pre wired , probably if you know someone good at this stuff you can buy they Bluetooth module for 40-50$ and wire it up at armrest console where there yiu neee ti add the Bluetooth to connect with your phone !

Parts I found for your car is
Main Bluetooth module :
https://www.ebay.com/p/Bluetooth-Con...6507075&thm=10

Bluetooth that connect your phone with car is either one, not sure : B67875856 or B67875855

Originally Posted by mtrevelino
Please tell me where on the attached I have the phone prep! Like Mackhack said, our cdi's (or any W-211) do not normally come with phone prep unless special ordered.
Mike T.
Old 05-06-2019, 10:13 AM
Banned

Received 115 Likes on 98 Posts
Lots of false information here. I would simply stop. It’s much more involved than simply looking up a used old control module. Nothing is really “prewired” for a phone system.
Old 05-14-2019, 05:22 PM

NTG1 EURO

Hi there,
I just purchased euro command. Here is a pic on the back. Question, do i need any thing extra to add so i can plug in camera and as well dvd in motion? And whats the ports for?
Very appreciated.

Originally Posted by Polar Bear
You can get a Euro COMAND and place it in US mode and you will not have any problems as long as you are running the latest software. The Euro model stores its contacts/address book differently than the US model when in Euro mode, hence the difference in phone book download. I personally have never successfully downloaded entries from my phone to the COMAND in Euro mode, but that is honestly not an important feature for me. I have a Bluetooth adapter with MHI cradle and also a CDMA Motorola V710 phone - neither will download address book entries in Euro mode.

The main thing you will need to be concerned with regarding your needs would be what optical drive comes in the unit. It seems the US COMAND units shipped with "undocumented" DVD optical drives until around MY2005. All Euro COMAND models with the VIDEO button have the DVD optical drive. If it has a DVD optical drive, it will play DVD-based MP3 media assuming it has current software. With that said, the US and Euro models do take different software and if running current software will refuse an incorrect software update. If you are running a Euro COMAND that did not come with your car, I would not recommend having the dealer perform COMAND service.

The frequencies for radio are all adjusted in the AGW in the rear of the car. You will not have any FM or AM tuning issues. When in Euro mode, you gain RDS mode (which half works) and the option for Traffic information (which does not work) and lose WeatherBand and SAT. You can always change the variant using the 5-3-7 code to change it to a US variant and you will essentially get the same as a US COMAND with DVD MP3 capability, SAT radio option, WeatherBand, and "normal" phonebook download, and lose DVD Video.
Attached Thumbnails W211 Euro comand Vs US Comand: pros & cons-thumbnail_img_4995.jpg  
Old 08-07-2019, 03:31 PM

How can I get my phone book downloaded to my euro command ! Recently I did a swap from us to euro! My us command always pop up message the phone book memory is full!
Plewse help !

Originally Posted by Mackhack
hsal100 tell them to stay off your COMAND and your AGW. My mechanic once did an update on it and disabled Video in Motion. I didn't ask them to do it nor did they ask me for permission to do any software updates. It wasn't that bad b/c I have my own SDS and could enable it again but it is just unnecessary to do this.

You will be fine. If you need a Euro COMAND let me know via PM. I have some which work, have no scratches and play DVD movies and mp3's, have a green FAKRA connector in the back in case you want to connect a TV tuner or a backup camera in the future! It plays FM and AM as well and as Polar Bear said, you will lose SAT radio and Weatherband but who needs Weatherband anyways???

RDS comes in handy. I like to see the songs that are being played on the radio. Some radio stations broadcast news or event information instead of the song information (Title and Artist)!!!

Bottom Line: You only gain with a Euro COMAND!!!