Daylight Savings Time

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 01:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Tesla Model S P100D
Daylight Savings Time

So apparently my car knows nothing about daylight savings time. I thought the clock was automatically set with GPS (?). In any case is this something I have to set manually so I have the correct time?
Old 03-17-2011, 01:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 GLC 300 4Matic
hit serv, its self explanatory from there
Old 03-17-2011, 02:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Tesla Model S P100D
Originally Posted by TheGreatOne45
hit serv, its self explanatory from there
You, sir, are brilliant. Thank you!

...and I got to see the clock do its dance moving an hour ahead. Too bad it does not do that automatically but it is easy enough to set.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:10 PM

2008 E550
Originally Posted by WEBSRFR
You, sir, are brilliant. Thank you!

...and I got to see the clock do its dance moving an hour ahead. Too bad it does not do that automatically but it is easy enough to set.
Not every location does a time change.. so the programming of every time zone and you'd have to tell it where you are at, probably too much for a radio.

I believe some of my old Clarion headunits used to pick up the time off the RDS data signal, and it would actually be off sometimes. I'm curious if GPS has a time signal too.

I wouldn't say he's brilliant either.. but yeah I spent like 5mns trying to change the clock in the OSD menu of the dash.. then I realized you set it on the radio and it syncs.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Tesla Model S P100D
Originally Posted by MB4tronic
Not every location does a time change.. so the programming of every time zone and you'd have to tell it where you are at, probably too much for a radio.

I believe some of my old Clarion headunits used to pick up the time off the RDS data signal, and it would actually be off sometimes. I'm curious if GPS has a time signal too.

I wouldn't say he's brilliant either.. but yeah I spent like 5mns trying to change the clock in the OSD menu of the dash.. then I realized you set it on the radio and it syncs.
I don't think our radios have RDS but there are many ways to obtain the time from, including the cell phone signal that is accessible via the tele aid interface. Also via GPS the system can probably calculate GMT and the GPS location calculation can be used to figure out the exact time zone. Basically the car has so much software, hardware, and communication interfaces to be able to do set this automatically. They just did not mae the effort.

And how do you know he's not brilliant? I just appreciated his quick succinct reply and I think it is timely with the DST change. If I had tried to figure this out on my own, the natural place I would have looked are the menus on the IC.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:12 PM

2018 GLC 300 4Matic
Originally Posted by MB4tronic

Originally Posted by WEBSRFR
I don't think our radios have RDS but there are many ways to obtain the time from, including the cell phone signal that is accessible via the tele aid interface. Also via GPS the system can probably calculate GMT and the GPS location calculation can be used to figure out the exact time zone. Basically the car has so much software, hardware, and communication interfaces to be able to do set this automatically. They just did not mae the effort.

And how do you know he's not brilliant? I just appreciated his quick succinct reply and I think it is timely with the DST change. If I had tried to figure this out on my own, the natural place I would have looked are the menus on the IC.