E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

ESP.. Not operational

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 12:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hers E350 / his E55
Exclamation ESP.. Not operational

So this morning my car for the second time this week gave me the (ESP... not operational)..

I have read quite a few things on here about this issue, they are old threads so I wanted to see if there was any newer conclusion to this issue.

It started after I had my car at the MB to get my alignment done, I have contacted them and told them about it this issue, however they refuse that the alignment would cause this error. They request that I come in so they can pull the code however I don't feel like spending money on something that could be their fault.

Is there anyway I can document that this potentially could have been caused by the alignment and at least have them convinced to pull the code free of charge.

Now I have read that it might be the steering column sensor as well, is there anyway to check which issue causes this ?

(FYI i topped off the power st. fluid within the same time period would this potentially have caused this)?

There is no other issues occurring with this such as limp mode etc its just the warning triangle and the STUPID error on the dash! which disappears once restarted..
Old 04-20-2011, 01:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E320 CDI 235 hp 420 ft tq
I have to agree with the dealer that this is not a related problem.
I had my car alignment done at the dealer back in August and no problems.
Are the brakes still under warranty?

If the power steering was put in the wrong place that would do it in short order.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hers E350 / his E55
the only reason why I'm asking about the alignment is because there was a previous thread about same issue which was caused by bad front alignment which threw the sensor off.

The breaks in front is good 8mm/6mm however my back is at 3mm/4mm and needs new discs, would this set off the ESP error though ??