Best location to route iPod cable out of glovebox

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 06:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Tesla Model S P100D
Best location to route iPod cable out of glovebox

I am very happy with the Dension audio gateway and especially love the fact that I can select the Ipod UI so that a passenger can navigate and browse the iPod using the built in click wheel. My only issue is it is unsightly to keep the glove box open during a long trip.

I noticed that I can have the ipod cable sticking out of the glove box and I can still manage to close the glove box but I have a bad feeling that sooner or later this will cause the locking mechanism to slip and not latch on any longer because there is very little tolerance around the seal of the glove box.

Is there a "better" location to route the iPod cable so that it put the least amount of pressure on the locking mechanism? Does the left side, right side, top, bottom, make a difference mechanically?

I think this question would equally apply for routing the AUX cable from the glove box with the glove box closed.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07 E350 4Matic / Sport with P1
Originally Posted by WEBSRFR
Is there a "better" location to route the iPod cable so that it put the least amount of pressure on the locking mechanism? Does the left side, right side, top, bottom, make a difference mechanically?
I think this question would equally apply for routing the AUX cable from the glove box with the glove box closed.
STF to find links/research/DIY like this one:
https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...ss-drawer.html
Old 05-24-2011, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C250 coupe; 2007 E63 AMG (sold)
https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211/363231-3-5mm-audio-jack-reroute-hardwire-how.html