E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Need experienced help with facelift conversion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 09:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 Chrysler Crossfire
Need experienced help with facelift conversion

Hello, I first joined this forum when I had a ML320 which was latter traded for a 2004 Crossfire that I couldn't love more and still have. Doing the V8 swap on the Crossfire gave me the opportunity to learn how to work on a Mercedes and I have everything I need to work on these cars including my own SDS system. I had an opportunity to bid on a 2004 E500 with only 27K miles on it. It was an insurance auction and since the car was in Florida, I could only go by pictures. The loss type was "other" and mentioned only front and rear damage. From the pictures it looked great with only scuffs on the rear bumper cover and the front bumper cover was in worse shape with some cracks and breaks on the very bottom. The car arrived yesterday and I was very suprised how good of shape the car was in considering I only paid $8500 for it. Everything works perfect but it has one stored fault for the crank shft possition sensor.. easy fix.

I am thinking since I need a new front bumper that I would update to the '07-'09 facelift. I think I have that all figured out by reading posts on here. The question I have is if I can also use the facelift rear bumper. The reason I am thinking of doing this is to get the lower cutout outs for the dual exhaust tips. Anyone change the rear bumper cover?
Old 06-07-2011, 04:36 PM

2004 Chrysler Crossfire
Never mind. More searching with different search words gave me the answer that it is a direct bolt on swap.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:40 PM

2004 E500
sounds like you got a great deal. I've seen a couple of rear bumpers w/cutouts on Ebay for less than $200 shipped, but they do require some bodywork.

You can also try this place too if you're looking for AMG front/rear...
Original Bumper Covers OEM BUMPERS
Old 08-02-2011, 08:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes CLK
Insurance Auction

Do you mind sharing the site you bought the car from. Thanks for any info you are willing to share. Nice deal.