E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Used cargo/luggage cover issue for 07 wagon

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 11:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E350 4Matic wagon
Question Used cargo/luggage cover issue for 07 wagon

My 2007 E350 4Matic wagon didn't come with a luggage cover, but I could see where the horizontal cover and vertical netting would slide in to the rear and front of the cargo sections, including connectors on the back side of the rear seats (D-connectors?).

SO - I ordered a used cover from a 200-2003 E320 wagon - same dimensions - and everything seemed to work, except when I slid the thing from left to right to connect to the connectors in the back of the rear seats (moving it from driver's side to passenger), it clicked nicely but was still an inch too far to the left and an inch short on the right. SO, it fit, I just couldn't get it to go the extra inch, and the connectors didn't appear to be movable or removable.

I went ahead and pulled the back seats up and sort of dropped the cargo cover unit behind them, but I couldn't get the back seats to lock in place. Everything fit perfectly, though - vertical and horiztontal covers. But when I went to start the car, it said: "Rear seatbacks NOT locked in place!" The thing is too smart.

I'm SO close! Anyone know what to do?