E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

CEL Help Please. Originally P0400 then P0106

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 03:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz 2005 E500 (W211)
CEL Help Please. Originally P0400 then P0106

Hi All. My cel has been illuminated for probably 1 year now however car was running great so if you think it ain't broke don't fix it. About six months ago I had classic CPS sensor symptoms and thanks to this forum and a few bloody knuckles was successful at R&R and symptoms went away. Then when I got registration in the mail I saw that I needed smog and it was time to deal with the cel. Went and bought an OBDII reader and got codes P0335 (stored) and P0400 (freeze frame and pending). Figured the stored code was from prior to CPS change and ignored it and went to work on the EGR. 1st cleaning it with CARB cleaner and removing tube and verified no clog problem etc. Checked all vaccum lines and after all this the car started running crappy at idle. After investigation learned that the idle problem was due to broken vaccum hose that goes into the bottom of the intake and that wasted a night rigging up a repair on that. Finally decided to change the EGR and despite losing the new gasket for the tube to manifold for a couple hours in the engine compartment I was successful at the EGR change and cleared the codes via battery disconnect as I could not erase with my reader. On second trip of over 10 miles cel came back on. Good news was no more P0400 but now I had P0106. checked vaccum again and could find no leaks. Put vaccum pressure guage on and vaccum from the intake is a steady 19-20lbs. Decided because the MAP was an easy change and per the posts pretty much a maintenance item (108k miles) I went ahead and changed it out. Car still runs great but the light is still on with P0106 freeze frame and pending. I am thinking maybe short in the electric line to MAP but looking for a little knowledge from the obviously well educated (albeit the school of hard knocks or otherwise) to help me diagnose this problem so CA will let me drive in their "special" state. HELP PLEASE
Old 06-18-2011, 05:28 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,415 Likes on 3,145 Posts
'71 Pinto
Try checking connections to MAP sensor (86 in diagram) if replacement needed, part 0051535028 to comparison shop, parts.com $40.20
http://www.permoveo.ltd.uk/tabid/122...z/Default.aspx
Attached Images  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
sensor.pdf (63.4 KB, 393 views)