E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

2006 E500 stock nav showing wrong location - ideas requested!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 07:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E500 4Matic
2006 E500 stock nav showing wrong location - ideas requested!

I have looked through some of the threads but I think I have a new twist here. Suddenly, the nav stops showing me were I really am. Currently, it thinks I’m in a lake a few hundred miles from here. I have selected “show GPS” but it shows no lat/long and does not count any satellites.

Thinking that this is an antenna issue, I pulled the panel out of the left side of the trunk. I can see the splitter, with the nav connecting to the red connector and the telaid plugged in to the black connector. The other end of the splitter has the wire (with the ground strap) going up. To test it, I unplugged everything from the splitter then plugged the nav antennae feed directly into the wire to the antennae. Power the vehicle down and up. Still not working, but I received a warning that teleaid was malfunctioning. I put it all back together again, the teleaid was working but still a no-go on the Nav.

Through all of this, command has not reported an error. From my test it looks like the run from the antennae down to the first connector is working okay. Anything else to add? Does anyone know what the resistance of the antennae run should be? Any other things that I should be checking?

Thanks!