E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Sirius Radio - trouble getting all the channels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 06:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 Land Rover Discovery 2018 BMW 540ix 2013 Land Rover LR4 2007 Porsche Carrera 4S Cabriolet
Post Sirius Radio - trouble getting all the channels

I can't get all of the Sirius Channels in my 2007 E550. I have the super premium, all channels subscription, yet I can't get 206 (which is Opie & Anthony) and some others. Sirius tells me "you should, sir". Mercedes tells me that with that model year, I can't get all the channels.

So, as usual, I'm left to the forum to solve this problem............

Does anyone have any insight? Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-26-2011, 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Tesla Model S P100D
I had the same issue after the recent "update." It took me a couple of calls to Sirius support to fix this and you are right, they can be clueless so you need to tell them what to do. I suggest you do the following:

1) Get in your car and turn on the Command system and switch to satellite radio mode. Drive to an area with a wide open sky (middle of a parking lot is ideal). Keep Command turned on and switched to satellite radio mode.
2) Call them on your cell phone. I would turn off Bluetooth on your cell phone and talk to them directly on your phone without using the car's phone interface (if you have one)
3) Tell them you are not seeing some of the stations and that you need them to send a activation signal to your radio.
4) If it works, you should see a message on your Command saying that it is updating the channel list or something like that. If you do not see this message within about 10 minutes, call them again and ask them to resend the signal.
5) If it still does not work after multiple tries, you might have an issue with your radio or antenna but this is highly unlikely. Insist the Sirius person send the activation signal so your car can rebuild the station list. When I called then gave me a bunch of BS like certain stations being removed and such so I had to insist that they send an activation signal.

Oh and keep everything turned on until the message that the car is updating the station list is no longer visible. Good luck!