E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Bluetooth Puck and Tail Phonebook

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500 (W211)
Question Bluetooth Puck and Tail Phonebook

I just installed the puck and tail in my 03 E500. After I plugged it in, I still have phone not installed. I used STAR to activate the phone and it works fine. When I get a call, caller id shows. But the problem is when I make a call, it shows unknown number. My phonebook wasn't downloaded so when i received a call, it just shows the number and not the name. My phonebook button on the Comand is greyed out.
Now the question is, do i still need to version code it at the dealer or me just using my STAR to activate the phone is the same thing as version coding?
I'm using a Nokia N8 phone. Or maybe it's just the phone that is not supported but I've seen a lot of ppl on this forum with diff nokia phones and they have no problem with the phonebook.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 295 Likes on 247 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
It could be that this old adapter does not support the PBaP BT profile and I believe the N8 would not support the old-fashioned AT-command interface for phonebook downloading. If this was the case, then you could face your problem. I hope it is something different and can be solved.

I have used several different Nokia models and all have been OK (I have even tried a friends N8) but I have a different BT adapter (BT SAP).
Old 07-07-2011, 08:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500 (W211)
Originally Posted by Diesel Benz
It could be that this old adapter does not support the PBaP BT profile and I believe the N8 would not support the old-fashioned AT-command interface for phonebook downloading. If this was the case, then you could face your problem. I hope it is something different and can be solved.

I have used several different Nokia models and all have been OK (I have even tried a friends N8) but I have a different BT adapter (BT SAP).
But is version coding different from using SDS to activate the phone system? What is the diff? I was thinking maybe i still need to version code it.