E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Parallel Parking Defense (offense?)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 05:55 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
W211 E63
Parallel Parking Defense (offense?)

I hate it when I am washing my car, and find new scratches on my bumpers from careless parkers. So I decided to install something that would leave a mark on their bumper if they were to back up into my front bumper . I am still thinking of an idea for the back hahaa. It costs like $10 bucks at my local car wash, and I just spray painted it black so it wouldn't stand out as much.

Happy Parking!
Old 07-06-2011, 06:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06' w211 E500 Sport
Thats awesome!
Old 07-06-2011, 07:06 PM

04 E320 4M Wagon
I think it is highly illegal. You can get a ticket for that and also can be sued by a careless pedestrian who would tear up his leg of this so called "defense".
Old 07-06-2011, 07:48 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
G63, C190 AMG GTC, W209 CLK63 BS, W208 CLK430
Originally Posted by maxi13
I think it is highly illegal. You can get a ticket for that and also can be sued by a careless pedestrian who would tear up his leg of this so called "defense".
How would this be illegal? It's no different than those Goth kids that have this stuff on their clothes/bracelets/etc. And if some moron is walking that close to his car, chances are they'd probably trip on the front bumper anyway, with or without this plate frame.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:15 PM

04 E320 4M Wagon
Try putting barbed wire or broken glass on the top of your fence

The car is a source of increased danger. The owner is responsible for all the damages done by it.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:16 PM

2 S 55 AMG
just my experience and my experience with customers

Originally Posted by fila0220
I hate it when I am washing my car, and find new scratches on my bumpers from careless parkers. So I decided to install something that would leave a mark on their bumper if they were to back up into my front bumper . I am still thinking of an idea for the back hahaa. It costs like $10 bucks at my local car wash, and I just spray painted it black so it wouldn't stand out as much.

Happy Parking!
any plate cover is illegal in ny(it's not readily enforced)...unless they've changed the law lately. whether it's partially or completely blocking the wording on your plate. for ex..in your pix it's partially blocking the words "the empire state"(which is an ad by the way) is illegal...would you get pulled over for this? chances are no...but sometimes these cops can be a real pain especially when it comes to end of the month and quota time for them....this is prob something most drivers don't know, but simply having an air freshner hanging from your rear view mirror could get you a ticket for obstruction of your vision but i digress...... as for your "defensive approach" chances are no one will see this backing up into you till it's too late(meaning out of the car and actually look at it) also anyone backing in hard enough will crack your paint, a bumper can only flex so much, i know this because i've done many repaint jobs like this in the past for pissed off customers. my apologies for my response being this long...it's just that i've had first hand experience in this and my customers also.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:26 PM

2 S 55 AMG
i just noticed you're in queens, so am I....fortunately for me...I rarely park on the streets as i'm at work most of the time with my own parking space...but just this 4th July I parked on the street and someone nicked my rear bumper :sigh: pissed off? ::: yes..... expected? :::: unfortunately yes...i was able to buffed it out luckily for me.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:37 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
W211 E63
Originally Posted by ExoticToysNyC
i just noticed you're in queens, so am I....fortunately for me...I rarely park on the streets as i'm at work most of the time with my own parking space...but just this 4th July I parked on the street and someone nicked my rear bumper :sigh: pissed off? ::: yes..... expected? :::: unfortunately yes...i was able to buffed it out luckily for me.
Yea, I know how you feel. I have my car garaged parked most of the time. But you can't protect it from the real world. It's more of a, if someone did back up into me, then it would leave a parting gift. A friend of mine used to have long screws sticking out of his license plate. The car that backed into him ended up ripping out his front plate . Defiantly wasn't as funny for him tho.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
07 E320 Bluetec
Years and years ago in the 80's when I lived in New Delhi for a while, I built from scratch and installed a radar alarm with an adjustable proximity detector, complete with a bull-horn loudspeaker under the hood. This was then wired to a Ham radio (I am a licensed radio ham) 2M transceiver to control the device. The alarm system was controlled using a 2nd 2M transceiver (on my belt). The alarm, a 120db+ siren would fire a warning sound it someone came within a foot of the perimeter of the vehicle and I could hear the alarm on my 2M transceiver. Sensitivity could be remotely monitored. The system also enabled me to communicate(speak) through the bull-horn loudspeaker, shout obscenities, threaten police action etc.

All this could be controlled from several miles away. Today's technologies would permit me to build an ever more sophisticated device. With satellite capabilities, visual aids, video capable broadband cell phones a lot more is possible.

During my eight years stay in New Delhi and often parking the custom built fully loaded truck in New Delhi's busiest and notorious areas, it did not suffer a single scratch on its impeccable and custom paint work. I need to put a picture of that beauty here one day.

I'm not sure if it would work in busy NYC
Old 07-07-2011, 08:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
G350 Bluetec
Try venture shield or

One of the film wraps over the bumper?

Does our friend above with the shop install these?

I like the New Delhi haha story. Like an old Candid Camera episode.

I have also seen these orange foam tubes you can put over the bumpers when you park but they probably would be swiped in a city. Or set on fire.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
G350 Bluetec
If any ws obstruction is illegal how do you mount your Sleazy Pass transponder? Same question for the black front plate transponder?

At some point I would like to visit your shop but driving with out of state plates is a red flag. Saw a NY semi undercover constable pulled over in a bad bad blind curve the other day 20 miles inside an adjoining state. WTF?

Good to hear from you....

Originally Posted by ExoticToysNyC
any plate cover is illegal in ny(it's not readily enforced)...unless they've changed the law lately. whether it's partially or completely blocking the wording on your plate. for ex..in your pix it's partially blocking the words "the empire state"(which is an ad by the way) is illegal...would you get pulled over for this? chances are no...but sometimes these cops can be a real pain especially when it comes to end of the month and quota time for them....this is prob something most drivers don't know, but simply having an air freshner hanging from your rear view mirror could get you a ticket for obstruction of your vision but i digress...... as for your "defensive approach" chances are no one will see this backing up into you till it's too late(meaning out of the car and actually look at it) also anyone backing in hard enough will crack your paint, a bumper can only flex so much, i know this because i've done many repaint jobs like this in the past for pissed off customers. my apologies for my response being this long...it's just that i've had first hand experience in this and my customers also.

Last edited by grane; 07-07-2011 at 08:56 AM.