E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Out off town need some hlp guys...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 07:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 Eclass, 03 BMW 06 Porsche Cayman S, 03 Harley Davidson "bored & stroked"
Out off town need some hlp guys...

Decided to take some r and r, so i drove down to new orleans form maryland with the family in the e class. All was fine except for the last 200 miles, the AC wasnt keeping the cabin as cool. I noticed with the dials set to 72 that it felt warm and no matter what temp i set it didnt seem to get really cold, and the fan speed stay at 5, though the fan didnt blow really hard especially the side vents.

Not sure if its the fan(s), the air is cold although not as cold as normal, or could it be the model that controls the hvac? I checked the heat and it works fine.

Luckly there is a dealer nearby, 1100 miles without ac would make for a bad drive home. Any help is appreciated. We got in late so im going to go check the fuses.....thanks!!
Old 07-20-2011, 08:16 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2008 ML320CDI
Its freezing up. I had the same issue last summer. There is a humidity sensor they can put in or you can just try to change the cabin filters. Clogged cabin filters will cause the evap to ice over and you will get lower air flow and it wont be as cold. Personally I would start with the cabin filter and see if that helps. If you turn it off, it should melt off. You also might have a stuck evap valve or evap temp sensor. But start with the simple things first.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 Eclass, 03 BMW 06 Porsche Cayman S, 03 Harley Davidson "bored & stroked"
Thanks, that sounds like that maybe the problem, took it to the dealer wed morning, they hooked it up to the machine no leaks, full of freon, no codes, etc. They said it was functioning fine and cold.

If it froze up, im sure it melted in the hotel garage over night, and it worked fine on the drive to the dealers, i will check the cabin filter on the way home. Thanks again, by the way no charge by the dealer......
Old 07-21-2011, 12:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2008 ML320CDI
Originally Posted by Davel
by the way no charge by the dealer......
BONUS!!

Welcome on the tip. Like I said mine did it on a very humid day, noticed airflow was slower and warmer.