Easy iPhone 4 / Droid bluetooth integration CHEAP for 03 E500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 07:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
CLS550 4Matic, C43, E350, ML350
Originally Posted by delviacv2
I did had this connection as it turns out my car was build 03/2004, I installed the proper punk with tail and I was able to pair my iPhone fine but my command still said phone not installed, nothing really works except when I make a call, I can hear the other party thru the speaker at a very very low volume but they can not hear me.

hopefully some version coding via Star will solve the issue

djrabbi here I come lol.
woot woot!
Old 08-01-2011, 01:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 E500
are you able to stream your music through these bluetooth adapters? Or is this strictly for phone usage?
Old 08-01-2011, 08:49 AM

2005 E320 CDI
Originally Posted by spinn
are you able to stream your music through these bluetooth adapters? Or is this strictly for phone usage?

Just phone calls
Old 08-01-2011, 08:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
CLS550 4Matic, C43, E350, ML350
yeah just phone calls....the portable one i have you can do both but honestly, i don't use my bluetooth lol
Old 08-02-2011, 06:26 PM

2005 E320 CDI
Woot, got mine phone system activated lastnight via star(thanks djrabbi) very happy !!
Old 08-02-2011, 07:04 PM

2004 E500
is there a way to do both: using bt iphone/android phone for making/receiving calls AND streaming music through bt?

Is one able to hook up to the telephone system through bt adapter, as well as through an ipod integration kit w/an attached bt receiver (such as cartronics gadget)?
Old 08-02-2011, 07:17 PM

2005 E320 CDI
Originally Posted by spinn
is there a way to do both: using bt iphone/android phone for making/receiving calls AND streaming music through bt?

Is one able to hook up to the telephone system through bt adapter, as well as through an ipod integration kit w/an attached bt receiver (such as cartronics gadget)?

Maybe this, but I don't think it works with all cars.

http://www.viseeo.com/ugC_ShowroomIt...&hidClickNum=Y
Old 08-02-2011, 07:32 PM

2004 E500
Originally Posted by delviacv2
Maybe this, but I don't think it works with all cars.

http://www.viseeo.com/ugC_ShowroomIt...&hidClickNum=Y
I think this is for later E-class (2005+) cars. Plus streaming is via FM transmitter.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:18 PM

2005 E320 CDI
I see, I don't like fm transmitters
Old 08-02-2011, 10:20 PM

2005 E320 CDI
Mine does not shows the SMS on the display is gray out.

I have the command navi

Originally Posted by foreyes
I bought a used V60 bluetooth adapter (or "puck") on eBay for $100. You can use a BMW unit ( BMW part # 84 11 0410 144) or a Mercedes adapter ( Mercedes part# B67875856). I used the BMW adapter, it works flawlessly. If you have a V60 phone cradle in your center console, all you have to do is plug the bluetooth adapter into the cradle where the v60 phone normally goes. The procedure takes less than 5 minutes. I know that this has been discussed on this forum numerous times, but I don't want anyone to miss out on such an easy, awesome upgrade! These part numbers are valid ONLY for 2003 & 2004 W211 cars.

If you do NOT have a V60 cradle already installed in your car, you need Mercedes part number B67875855, which is the "puck with tail". This plugs into a connector socket that is accessible by removing the false floor of the top compartment of the center console.

BMW bluetooth puck:

V60 cradle in center console:

Plug in the adapter, hold down the button on top of the puck for 5 seconds and wait for it to turn blue:

On your cell phone, turn bluetooth to ON. "BMW BTUM" will appear in your devices list. It will ask you to enter the bluetooth key code on the back of the puck. Enter the code to activate your car's phone system and sync your contacts. It took about 20 seconds with my iPhone 4.

The display inside the speedometer will show outgoing and incoming call numbers, and you can scroll through your contact list with the up and down keys on the steering wheel. The phone control buttons on the steering wheel are functional as well. the audio quality is excellent. What an easy upgrade for an 8-year old car!
Old 08-06-2011, 11:56 AM

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
2011 E350, 1998 ML320
This may seem obvious, but how do you get the false floor out of the upper compartment? I have an '03 with the butterfly opening center armrest.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:17 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2002 G500, 2007 CLS 550, 2018 GLC 300
Look at the 6th post down on page 1 of this thread for compartment tray removal instructions.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 e500 sport
how do you sync your contacts? I have an iphone 4 and an 05 euro comand. I have my iphone set to sync to bluetooth but nothing happens. When I try to scroll through calls it says its loading address book.... how long should it take to sync 200 contacts?

Last edited by pcar928sg; 08-06-2011 at 10:10 PM.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:17 PM

2005 E320 CDI
Originally Posted by pcar928sg
how do you sync your contacts? I have an iphone 4 and an 05 euro comand. I have my iphone set to sync to bluetooth but nothing happens. When I try to scroll through calls it says its loading address book.... how long should it take to sync 200 contacts?
it does it by it self
Old 08-06-2011, 10:56 PM

2003 e500 sport
I wish it was that easy. I will delete the bluetooth connection and try again.....I can make and receive calls from my phone using the hands free, but I can't get the address book on the car side to even come up.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:21 PM

2005 E320 CDI
Oh Ok, that's a good idea, also after you are pair, on the iPhone go to settings- general- bluetooth- click on the car's system mine says MB phone system(I think) it will give u some options, make sure that the option "sync all contacts is selected.

If it still does not work, u may need some star version codding
Old 08-28-2011, 12:55 AM

Excellent post. Have you tried A2DP music streaming from iPhone 4 over bluetooth connection?

I bought a used V60 bluetooth adapter (or "puck") on eBay for $100. You can use a BMW unit ( BMW part # 84 11 0410 144) or a Mercedes adapter ( Mercedes part# B67875856). I used the BMW adapter, it works flawlessly. If you have a V60 phone cradle in your center console, all you have to do is plug the bluetooth adapter into the cradle where the v60 phone normally goes. The procedure takes less than 5 minutes. I know that this has been discussed on this forum numerous times, but I don't want anyone to miss out on such an easy, awesome upgrade! These part numbers are valid ONLY for 2003 & 2004 W211 cars.

If you do NOT have a V60 cradle already installed in your car, you need Mercedes part number B67875855, which is the "puck with tail". This plugs into a connector socket that is accessible by removing the false floor of the top compartment of the center console.

BMW bluetooth puck:

V60 cradle in center console:

Plug in the adapter, hold down the button on top of the puck for 5 seconds and wait for it to turn blue:

On your cell phone, turn bluetooth to ON. "BMW BTUM" will appear in your devices list. It will ask you to enter the bluetooth key code on the back of the puck. Enter the code to activate your car's phone system and sync your contacts. It took about 20 seconds with my iPhone 4.

The display inside the speedometer will show outgoing and incoming call numbers, and you can scroll through your contact list with the up and down keys on the steering wheel. The phone control buttons on the steering wheel are functional as well. the audio quality is excellent. What an easy upgrade for an 8-year old car!
Old 08-28-2011, 10:00 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2002 G500, 2007 CLS 550, 2018 GLC 300
Thanks, CL600. No, I haven't tried streaming via A2DP. Cartronics makes the Anystream module for $69, but you need to add an AUX audio input to your head unit if it didn't come with one.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:50 AM

I will check out Cartronics. I am also interested in replacing the nav unit and stereo in CL600 (2003) with something more functional. If you know of any sources that can help, let me know.

Thanks, CL600. No, I haven't tried streaming via A2DP. Cartronics makes the Anystream module for $69, but you need to add an AUX audio input to your head unit if it didn't come with one.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:10 PM

2008 E550
Originally Posted by CL600CK60
I will check out Cartronics. I am also interested in replacing the nav unit and stereo in CL600 (2003) with something more functional. If you know of any sources that can help, let me know.
I decided to jump on the anystream after this post and weeks of thinking about it.. I started using waze.com on my iphone because our oem navigation is horrible, so I wanted the voice directions and my ipod music/podcast and pandora. So far I like it.. only issue is some times I need to reset the BT on my phone to get it to connect, not a big deal.

I now have Waze running on my iphone, pandora, and my phone all streaming via bluetooth, I bring my phone in/out of the car and just plug in the power plug I have in the rear outlet. I have drop stops in the seat weels to prevent the iphone from sneaking away from me down the inner well also.

I would definitely try it and see if it suits your needs.

Cartronics also has the OEM replacement for a double din. if you have an iphone you might want to check out the AppRadio console and you can run your whole car off GPSmotionX nav and pandora radio in a pretty slick cheap interface with touchscreen. You can also use any double din radio with the steering wheel controls and ipod controller pretty much with the kit.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:21 PM

I will definitely check out waze.com - didn't know about that.

Cartronics has some interesting gadgets such as night vision camera (which would put the otherwise largely useless screen to good use) and Garmin GPS upgrade module which makes the GPS usable and does not require CDs or DVDs to work.

While I love driving CL600, the interior electronics and integration is very poorly done for a car in this price range. Who in their right mind puts the AUX jack in the glove box?

Lack of official upgrades from the boys in Stuttgart does not help.

Fortunately, Cartronics cut through that BS very quickly - very valuable service in its own right.

It is a good thing that a V12 sounds better than any stereo and that iPhone has navigation options (again, Garmin app is great) which are light years away from what Benz offers even on its newest models.

I am still not sure if my bluetooth is working. It may be the puck (bought used). How would I know that cradle does not work?

Originally Posted by MB4tronic
I decided to jump on the anystream after this post and weeks of thinking about it.. I started using waze.com on my iphone because our oem navigation is horrible, so I wanted the voice directions and my ipod music/podcast and pandora. So far I like it.. only issue is some times I need to reset the BT on my phone to get it to connect, not a big deal.

I now have Waze running on my iphone, pandora, and my phone all streaming via bluetooth, I bring my phone in/out of the car and just plug in the power plug I have in the rear outlet. I have drop stops in the seat weels to prevent the iphone from sneaking away from me down the inner well also.

I would definitely try it and see if it suits your needs.

Cartronics also has the OEM replacement for a double din. if you have an iphone you might want to check out the AppRadio console and you can run your whole car off GPSmotionX nav and pandora radio in a pretty slick cheap interface with touchscreen. You can also use any double din radio with the steering wheel controls and ipod controller pretty much with the kit.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:33 PM

I asked about that replacement and it sounds like the upgrade would require some major modifications - and sawing wood on the dash.

For full disclosure, Benz in my Second Car. My primary car is an Acura which, although not as powerful as this CK60 (600hp vs. 302hp), offers the same level of luxury and far better integration with electronics (not to mention the navigation). These are all minor things but I wonder why Benz can't have top of the line navigation, stereo and navigation built-in without all these gadgets, cables and nonsense that goes with it.

Originally Posted by MB4tronic

Cartronics also has the OEM replacement for a double din.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:52 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
05 CL65 AMG, 07 Ferrari F430, 03 Range Rover HSE
I have a theory about that - Pacific Rim countries don't have a long automobile heritage like the Germans and Americans do, but they were some of the first to take the electronics industry. Because of general good build quality in the Asian countries, the consumer electronics business in the US was wiped out by the mid 80's. They have simply taken something they are very good at, and applied it to the cars. Mercedes, BMW, Audi and the others have been more about the ACTUAL driving experience. Not the nav, music or other things. They were about curves, handling, road feedback, ride, etc.
So when the gadget business got caught up in cars, they were not really prepared for the sudden shift in the last 6-10 years.
Has anyone noticed, that car commercials don't talk much about handling, 0-60, 60-0, trunk space, comfort or any traditional car centric idea - they are all hawking video, cameras, bluetooth, iPod, etc etc. One could easily mistake the commercial for a home stereo ad.
Good thing for our business - but makes you think......
Old 09-02-2011, 09:07 PM

Almost missed the AnyStream sale

Toyota used to summarize its direct competition with Benz with "beat Benz" (in terms of luxury offered for the value).

In Germany, you can often hear that carmakers ship cars with an engine and "two camping chairs inside" and then charge for options. Audi even charges for paint separately. Options, though costly, are good when they are available.

Japanese carmakers followed a different route - offer a loaded (with options), reliable, fuel-efficient luxury car for an unbeatable price and (relatively) low cost of maintenance.

One of my favorite finishing touches in a car (acura cls) is a springloaded holder for sunglasses placed where you'd find reading lights in most cars. It adds to the "personality" of the car to have a place for sunglasses. Reading lights are still there and the obligatory (and useless) garage-door-opener buttons. As it should, cls "hugs" the road and handling is very sport-like (inherited from nsx) and interior is decidedly "gran tourismo." It is a 260hp car which offered 32mpg and V6 with an F1 yowl and superb handling back in 2001 for about $30k. However, such a car did not sell too well (a fast 2-door gran tourismo car is a niche car after all) and acura canned it and replaced it with middle-of-the-road models with 4 doors, cupholders in all the right places, noise reduction in the cabin because most drivers apparently want a middle-of-the-road car.

CL600 is an awesome car with awesome handling, sonorous V12, breathtaking acceleration and great interior (minus the alcantara - leather would be better) but it needs a few options - GPS, streaming music over BT, less flimsy plastic in the interior (including buttons on the steering wheel with that sticky goo once the benz-film protection wears off). Its maintenance is not inexpensive (that's part of owning a benz), its overengineered trunk opening mechanism could be simpler and faster (just open the trunk!), AUX is in the wrong place (glove box!) and its gas mileage is not ideal (also part of owning a benz or the "stern" (star)) but also not too far apart from any "turboed" car.

Originally Posted by Cartronics
I have a theory about that - Pacific Rim countries don't have a long automobile heritage like the Germans and Americans do, but they were some of the first to take the electronics industry. Because of general good build quality in the Asian countries, the consumer electronics business in the US was wiped out by the mid 80's. They have simply taken something they are very good at, and applied it to the cars. Mercedes, BMW, Audi and the others have been more about the ACTUAL driving experience. Not the nav, music or other things. They were about curves, handling, road feedback, ride, etc.
So when the gadget business got caught up in cars, they were not really prepared for the sudden shift in the last 6-10 years.
Has anyone noticed, that car commercials don't talk much about handling, 0-60, 60-0, trunk space, comfort or any traditional car centric idea - they are all hawking video, cameras, bluetooth, iPod, etc etc. One could easily mistake the commercial for a home stereo ad.
Good thing for our business - but makes you think......
Old 09-13-2011, 06:08 AM

E coupe
anystream didn't work for me

my 2 cents on the cartronics anystream:

2012 e coupe so very new firmware. I used the ipod connector cable which i verified as being the one 'supported' by cartonics (Mercedes part number A 001 827 82 04) http://www.cartronics.com/POM.html

My phone, htc desire hd running android 2.3, connects fine to the anystream and the led on the anystream flashes once every 6 seconds suggesting the connection phone<--->anystream is fine.

However the media interface on the car is stuck at 'activating device' and nothing else happens.

For the record, I called anystream and they took my call and were very polite. However the suggested 'solution' is to go and buy a composite av cable with authentication chip from apple to connect the anystream via usb - this costs very close to the price i paid for the anystream. With this in mind I may have opted for a different solution (like the motorolla gateway). I am also in Cyprus so sending it back is not really an option/feasible/cost effective. Thus I'm left with a $80 square of plastic. I may eventually go buy the composite cable but at this point i'm weary of spending more money on something that may or may not work. Caveat emptor.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Easy iPhone 4 / Droid bluetooth integration CHEAP for 03 E500