Air Con issues?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 12:55 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
CLS500 M113
Air Con issues?

Hi all,
It's only after I brought this up on a previous post, has it started to really bother me now.
My AirCon/Climate control (the older "analog" one), when AUTO is selected, bumps off the flow distribution selector and pushes up the fan speed till your eyes start watering!
No matter what temperature is selected, the fan speed is always above 50% and quite loud and annoying. If a lower fan speed is selected, AUTO is bumped off. If a different flow distribution position is selected, AUTO is bumped off..is this normal?
Is there any reset procedure?
Old 08-23-2011, 08:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E320CDI
Originally Posted by ap10046
Hi all,
It's only after I brought this up on a previous post, has it started to really bother me now.
My AirCon/Climate control (the older "analog" one), when AUTO is selected, bumps off the flow distribution selector and pushes up the fan speed till your eyes start watering!
No matter what temperature is selected, the fan speed is always above 50% and quite loud and annoying. If a lower fan speed is selected, AUTO is bumped off. If a different flow distribution position is selected, AUTO is bumped off..is this normal?
Is there any reset procedure?
My 06 E320 CDI is the same way. When on auto and it is hot outside fan blows at full speed. Once the inside temp is at the set range it slows down. If I don't want the full blast of the fan I go manual and lower the fan speed.