E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Intermittent fault on a WDB 211. Help appreciated

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 11:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e220cdi w211
Intermittent fault on a WDB 211. Help appreciated

Hi, I have a 2007 WDB211 E220cdi executive, and would appreciate any help in solving the following intermittent problem. I have no technical knowledge, but would like to be able to direct my mechanic who has, as yet, been unable to resolve the problem.
It could happen for several hours in one night (I'm a taxi driver) and not happen again for 4 to 5 weeks. It starts with the interior light coming on and off by itself, the radio display getting brighter and the sound sometimes muting, the yellow ESP triangle lighting, the pause brake being inoperative, the red battery warning circle activating, and some other unrelated dash warning light coming on. All these symptoms may or may not happen at the same time. On one occasion, my mechaninc replaced a "voltage regulator" on spec, and all seemed ok for 6 weeks, but then the fault recommenced. I recently fitted a security camera which worked fine for 6 hours, but subsequently stopped working when this intermittent fault recurred, and I suspect that this fault may have damaged the camera. Thank you.