E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Help!!! Electrical issues(and yes I searched)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 03:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E500
Help!!! Electrical issues(and yes I searched)

Hi recently had my drivers side door glass replaced. And my battery died for a couple of weeks while my car was sitting. Now my driver side window switch is acting up. Wether I press the windows up or down. They go up. I can only roll them down with the ir feature. I've tried syncing them. That doesnt work. After the glass was replaced the switch worked fine. It's like ever since the battery died this happened. Help.....
Old 10-18-2011, 08:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
03 E500 and Corvette
Originally Posted by Mass500
Hi recently had my drivers side door glass replaced. And my battery died for a couple of weeks while my car was sitting. Now my driver side window switch is acting up. Wether I press the windows up or down. They go up. I can only roll them down with the ir feature. I've tried syncing them. That doesnt work. After the glass was replaced the switch worked fine. It's like ever since the battery died this happened. Help.....
Sounds llike somehow the plug on the switch is loose. I had this happen on my Diesel truck on the mirrors. They just stopped working and after I pulled to replace the switch found the plug plastic lock tab had not been in place allowing the clip to come off. Since you had the window replaced I suspect the plug just wasn't installed correctly. But then a suspect is only my opinion. Verify power to the switch and if the window works then you know it is the switch. To verify power pull the switch out and check for power at the plug.