E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Secondary Air Injection Pump stays on

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 09:44 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
2014 E550; 2003 E500
Secondary Air Injection Pump stays on

After getting home today, i noticed that there was this fan still running in the engine compartment after i turned off my car. It was the pump that sits right infront of the engine. I unplugged it and it stopped. My assumption is that's the SAIP. After searching google, it seems to be a bad relay. Does anyone know where the relay for this would be?
Old 11-08-2011, 10:18 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
2014 E550; 2003 E500
I found the relay. It was in the fuse compartment under the hood, driver side. It's the small black box relay that's nearest to the front of the car. I removed it and the pump stopped. I looked around in my w210 if there was the same fuse i could use off that car, but didnt find one. However, i put the relay back and now the pump doesnt go on. My guess is that the relay is now completely toast. I'll buy one tomorrow and replace.

Hope this helps anyone coming across the same problem.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'12 Mustang 5.0, '89 Supra Turbo, C55,
Originally Posted by MercFiveHundred
I found the relay. It was in the fuse compartment under the hood, driver side. It's the small black box relay that's nearest to the front of the car. I removed it and the pump stopped. I looked around in my w210 if there was the same fuse i could use off that car, but didnt find one. However, i put the relay back and now the pump doesnt go on. My guess is that the relay is now completely toast. I'll buy one tomorrow and replace.

Hope this helps anyone coming across the same problem.
Were u able to replace it, and did it solve the issue?
Old 03-06-2012, 03:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1997 E320
Originally Posted by gnma
Were u able to replace it, and did it solve the issue?
I found the fuse blown in mine, I'm wondering if the Relay is shot - where did you find the relay?

I found a wiring diagram online, but it looks nothing like whats under the hood of my 97 E320.