W211 Galaxy Blue Interior?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 10:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nike Turbo Shox
W211 Galaxy Blue Interior?

Whatsup MBWorld, It's been a while since I posted on here since I sold my car. My pops has been looking for a E and he came across one, but the options on the car are quite interesting. It's an 03 E500 with a pano roof and what I believe is called galaxy blue on the inside. Can someone give me some details on the interior? FYI yes the car is crashed, it's an insurance auction. About the rear suspension, the car is dead because the hood is jammed so they cannot reach the battery so the suspension has aired down.

Pics
W211 Galaxy Blue Interior?-03e5-1.jpg

W211 Galaxy Blue Interior?-03e5r-1.jpg

W211 Galaxy Blue Interior?-03e5i-1.jpg

W211 Galaxy Blue Interior?-03e5ir-1.jpg

Also, the dash has to be removed to replaced that passenger airbag right?
Old 03-04-2012, 12:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 E500
Main battery is in the trunk, not under the hood. You can get into the trunk using the metal mechanical key. It's the part of the Smartkey the thing in the third picture is dangling from. You can download the owner's manual at http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/servic...owners_manuals and it will tell you how to use it.

That being said, the battery may not be entirely to blame; the height at the right front still looks OK.

Not clear on what interior details you're looking for. Also, can't confirm the dash removal for the airbag, but I expect if you do a search you can find it.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nike Turbo Shox
Originally Posted by DanG2
Main battery is in the trunk, not under the hood. You can get into the trunk using the metal mechanical key. It's the part of the Smartkey the thing in the third picture is dangling from. You can download the owner's manual at http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/servic...owners_manuals and it will tell you how to use it.

That being said, the battery may not be entirely to blame; the height at the right front still looks OK.

Not clear on what interior details you're looking for. Also, can't confirm the dash removal for the airbag, but I expect if you do a search you can find it.
I have TIS from my w203, i'm not looking for the manuals. Thanks though, I didn't know this car had two batteries, I thought the primary battery was under the cabin air filter. Thanks though, what im asking is can anyone tell me about the color of the dash.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:56 PM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
2017 S550 4matic
honestly, I've seen a lot of w211 E-classes. Never in my life have I ever seen that color on one of them before.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nike Turbo Shox
Originally Posted by jcat
honestly, I've seen a lot of w211 E-classes. Never in my life have I ever seen that color on one of them before.
Same thing here, I have seen black with burgundy and black with blue inside, but never this light blue. Still waiting on an expert to give some insight. From what I gathered it's like a designo color limited to about 50 pieces. Can't confirm that though.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 W212 | 2016 W205
Mines the same colour, Tealite blue with blue interior. It was a rare combo, looks good though. Although i would have rather had a black exterior and a blue interior, still can't complain.

It's not designo, its either Tealite Blue or Aragonite Blue and the interior colour is called Pacific Blue.

Last edited by willy_manilly; 03-05-2012 at 07:13 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nike Turbo Shox
Originally Posted by willy_manilly
Mines the same colour, Tealite blue with blue interior. It was a rare combo, looks good though. Although i would have rather had a black exterior and a blue interior, still can't complain.

It's not designo, its either Tealite Blue or Aragonite Blue and the interior colour is called Pacific Blue.
Is it possible for you to post pics. I really wanna see what it looks like.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:18 AM

2012 W212 | 2016 W205
W211 Galaxy Blue Interior?-img_1621.jpg
W211 Galaxy Blue Interior?-img_1616.jpg
W211 Galaxy Blue Interior?-img_1618.jpg
W211 Galaxy Blue Interior?-img_1629.jpg
W211 Galaxy Blue Interior?-img_1626.jpg
W211 Galaxy Blue Interior?-img_1628.jpg

Just some pics i had stored on photobucket, if you need anymore ask away.

Car is Equipped with elegance package
Old 03-06-2012, 03:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nike Turbo Shox
Thank you for the photo's, it truly is a beautiful combo.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
Main Battery is in the trunk
The Aux Battery is under hood underneath the charcoal cabin filter.
I dont know if airmatic is powered by the main or the aux. The Aux is used for vehicle electronics seats, command, air circ. etc....

Galaxy Blue was only offered in 2003 MY and discontinued afterwards on US Prodcution vehicles but continued in others. Mercedes Benz Colors (or Colours) are different names in different regions but still carry the same paint code. (eg tanzanite blue/orion blue)

Galaxy Blue wasn't offered in Designo Trim. The pics you posted is MB-Tex.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nike Turbo Shox
Originally Posted by moosejaw
Main Battery is in the trunk
The Aux Battery is under hood underneath the charcoal cabin filter.
I dont know if airmatic is powered by the main or the aux. The Aux is used for vehicle electronics seats, command, air circ. etc....

Galaxy Blue was only offered in 2003 MY and discontinued afterwards on US Prodcution vehicles but continued in others. Mercedes Benz Colors (or Colours) are different names in different regions but still carry the same paint code. (eg tanzanite blue/orion blue)

Galaxy Blue wasn't offered in Designo Trim. The pics you posted is MB-Tex.
Thanks for the info, but I beg to differ on the MB-Tex part, I ran a data-card on the car last night and the build data showed nappa leather on the build sheet. Ran it through EPC in case anyone is wondering.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:49 PM

2012 W212 | 2016 W205
Originally Posted by OneOfaKindTrini
Thanks for the info, but I beg to differ on the MB-Tex part, I ran a data-card on the car last night and the build data showed nappa leather on the build sheet. Ran it through EPC in case anyone is wondering.

That interior colour was not offered in Designo, However you could get pacific blue in Nappa leather, so that would make sense.