E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

07 E350 Sport - Road Debris Damage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 01:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 SLK32 AMG, 07 E350 Sport
07 E350 Sport - Road Debris Damage

Ran over something on the road that was unavoidable. I have no idea what it was as I didn't know it hit until I heard the noise.

This was the result:
I lost the front passenger fog light. The bumper cracked in a couple places with spider web patterns emerging at others from the flexing. The fog light cover plate fell off and I must have ran over it. I managed to salvage the back plate and snapped it back in place.

The passenger side radiator bottom mount thingy got pushed up and back, which resulted in a crooked radiator. It doesn't look like any hoses are bent to the point where they are pinched, and since this is a V6, there is plenty of room for travel without hitting any pulleys or engine components.

I also lost the center lower mesh cover, it must have snapped out and I ran over it along with the fog light assembly.

I am hoping this is something that is easily repairable by a body shop. If it turns out that I will need a new bumper, I might go the route of the E63 conversion on this forum that I have been reading about.

Watch out for things in the road, no matter how small or how confident you may think you can clear it.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:39 PM

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
2011 E350, 1998 ML320
The radiator core support damage is more of an issue, you took a pretty hard hit to bend it like that, and you should get it up in the air and look for damage from below. I would guess that your bumper is repairable, if you want, but you will need to replace the core support.