Check Engine Light with Error Code Camshaft Position Sensor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 01:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 E550 Sports
Check Engine Light with Error Code Camshaft Position Sensor

Hello My Fellow Forum Members

Need a big big favor!! My car's check engine light has been coming on and off more frequently than before, and the error codes has been the Camshaft position sensors bank 1 and 2. I call my frequent mech shop and he told me there are two types of camshaft sensors, so he got me puzzled. I was going to get a quote and see if it was cheap enough just to have them replaced, but I am thinking they might charge me an arm and an leg. so I am resorting to MBWorld again.

Do anyone know if there is indeed two different location of camshaft sensors? Sorry I have used a generic OBDII code reader. and I am assuming I need to replace two of them since it says bank 1 and bank 2 (or it could have been bank 1, Sensor A and B.) but there were two error codes each shows a different location but the same camshaft position sensors. How many camshaft position sensors are there in a E550? are they all the same parts?

Lastly can anyone point me to where the sensors are located? I really want to get this sensor thing done, although my car drives pretty normal didn't feel like going to stall at all and this has happened for more than 10k miles and counting..

Any help is really really appreciated!!
Old 02-01-2012, 10:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hers E350 / his E55
Hi,

I had the exact same issue with mine (code P0015), I had a buddy of mine check it out with STAR and it told us NOT to touch the camshaft sensor but to replace the magnets and selenoid's on the exhaust cams. However I changed them all 4 as there is two on each side and they are the same and can be picked up at parts.com for $18.00,- a piece take about 10 min per piece. Have not recorded the same code since then.

The picture is from a C class but looks the same and will show on the front of the engine on each side.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hers E350 / his E55
OK, so can't get the picture to work but here is a link where you can see what you need to change

http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl...1t:429,r:4,s:0