E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Gas leak and NHTSA, we need to file complaint

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 08:44 AM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
2003 E500, 2004 G35X
Gas leak and NHTSA, we need to file complaint

Many of us have experienced the gas odor issue with our cars, myself included. Some of us have spent considerable amount of money to fix this problem, which is really the fault of MB. MB and the stealership are profitting at our demise! This is a serious safety issue that needs to be addressed by the government gency, NHTSA.

An investigation by the NHTSA would help all of us to get MB to fix this serious defect. The only way to get NHTSA to investigate is to file a complaint with the agency. I and some member have already done so, but we need all the members who have experienced this defect to file complaints with the Agency. If we don't act on it with enough voice, the Agency will not act on it!

If you already paid for the repair, when NHTSA determines that MB is reponsible for the defect, you will get reimburse by MB. Please go to the link http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/ and file your complaint. We need to act to help ourselves.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
2009 SL550 Roadster Diamond White, 2008 CLK550 Coupe Obsidian Black
i not only have the gas smell but now every time i fill up the tank, the gas pump will stop early when theres still a considerable more gas the tank can take. also, last night my gas light starting blinking and then a red check gas cap message came on the cluster. i hadn't touched the cap in 3 days.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
03 E500 and Corvette
Originally Posted by Flash Gordon
Many of us have experienced the gas odor issue with our cars, myself included. Some of us have spent considerable amount of money to fix this problem, which is really the fault of MB. MB and the stealership are profitting at our demise! This is a serious safety issue that needs to be addressed by the government gency, NHTSA.

An investigation by the NHTSA would help all of us to get MB to fix this serious defect. The only way to get NHTSA to investigate is to file a complaint with the agency. I and some member have already done so, but we need all the members who have experienced this defect to file complaints with the Agency. If we don't act on it with enough voice, the Agency will not act on it!

If you already paid for the repair, when NHTSA determines that MB is reponsible for the defect, you will get reimburse by MB. Please go to the link http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/ and file your complaint. We need to act to help ourselves.
I felt the same way when I had total brake failure due to SBC failure. So I did file a report on ntsb gov
Old 02-18-2012, 02:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
I filled the form. My car leaks gasoline as well.