E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Maybach

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2003, 04:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
one of seven
Maybach

I normally post here so I will post my Maybach notes here as well!!

I was going to a neighbors (2 houses away) birthday party tonight and in the driveway next to mine was a 2 tone silver beautiful car. I did a double take and realized it was a Maybach MY 04. The owner spent a good half hour showing it to me - lcd screens on the backs of the front seats, front visor mirrors that can change from normal to magnifying ( for the ladies), dvd, game hook-ups, electric rear and side curtains, gauges ( clock, speed and temp) in the ceiling for the back seat passengers, and I'm sure you know all the rest, but it was so cool just to sit in it and start the engine (V12 - Dual Turbo) and see the $325,000.00 window sticker!!!! Wow - I'd still rather have the E55 but ............. ouch what a nice car. MB, you did it!!!
Old 06-29-2003, 10:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
who are your neighbors, who do they know? I believe I read an article a while back, of all the first year allocations to NYC metro dealers, almost 70% of the deposits were from hip-hop artists.
Old 06-29-2003, 01:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'03 W211 aka E-500
Especially

...in Santa Clarita. Used to own a home in Valencia, so I'm familiar with the area. Not generally considered a hotbed of the ultra-affluent. Lazy-J?

EDJ
Old 06-29-2003, 05:49 PM

one of seven
"Not generally considered a hotbed of the ultra-affluent."

EDJ - you can say that again!! We also have a place down in La Costa - definitely more MB's around there, but Santa Clarita/Valencia is getting there slowly. (not that I give a rats *ss)

NYCA - the Maybach owner was 'visiting' for a party but does live in the area. He's your typical CEO type with a love of MB cars - has more than 12. (no hip-hop artist here but you will find a few sub woofers)

I shoulda grabbed my camera
Old 06-29-2003, 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 BMW 550i
What an awesome car. I saw and sat and played with one on the showroom floor recently. My friend is in good with the dealer, and if it had been better weather, we probably would have been able to get a test drive, but it was pouring that day.

Spoke to the fellow that is driving it around to the 10 Maybach dealerships in the country, and he was amazing us about some of the features. The leather inside is so much more supple than a typical MB, and there is so much wood, it is amazing. Unfortunately it was the 57, not the 62, which would have been sweet. Talk about a panoramic roof, the Maybach's is amazing (although the one I saw didn't have it).
Old 06-29-2003, 11:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ooh man, you must have been stunned...shouldve gone home right then and gotten the camera!