E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Picked up my new E yesterday...WOW

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2003, 10:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Picked up my new E yesterday...WOW

Picked up my new 2003 e500 Lorinser yesterday...First off,the car looks sick,I'm soooo happy I chose white and the kit looks insane.Will post pics soon after the windows are tinted.

I ordered the car with the sport package so I could get the interior black wood and the white guages.I had no idea how awesome the lighting on the instrument panel looked until I had it out last night.Its like a purple blue,and its one of the nicest setups I have ever seen.Its a joy to drive with. The car looks great from the outside too,I think the kit has alot to do with it,people just kept looking and looking .I got so many compliments and thumbs up from other drivers.And girls?The car attracts stares from women at an alarming rate,good thing I'll be driving without my girlfriend most of the time,hehe."No,honey,you don't have to come,I'll be back in a couple hours"

The Lorinser exhaust is very throaty,but not obscene,you just know the car is full of power and wants to run.

I believe in varying speeds on break-in and driving the car realtively normal, basically anything but full throttle flooring.This car has loads of power,much more responsive then my 2000 e430 sport.I didnt floor it,but its ready to fly.On the highway the power is smooth and the car has plenty to spare.The suspension in comfort mode is ideal for street driving and sport 1 is what I have used on the highway,very tight without being hard.

The fit and finish is fantastic,much more solid then the w210.The materials used on the interior are much better.I just can't get over how nice the charcoal interior is with the sport package interior,Im very happy.

I have read alot about the braking system from you guys and although it does feel different I seem to have mastered it already,you just have to know how hard to brake,the car takes care of the rest.

The HK sound is awesome,but 1 question how do I get a display of how high the voLume is???right now when I turn the knob I have no idea how loud its is and how much higher I can go,please help.

Overall,MB has a winner here.Im very pleased,I know its just the second day but you never get a second chance to make a first impression and this car is the S$#@,hehe.
Old 07-01-2003, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 BMW 550i
For the volume indicator, my friends S doesn't tell him this information either, so it probably is a general MB thing.

Since I'm getting an E500 with the Sports package, I was wondering about the power. I test drove a standard E500, and I wasn't used to the throttle tip-in, and compared to a E430 Sport I had driven, this E500 felt slower. Do you find that the power is immediate, and that it feels sporty? Like I said, the E500 standard that I drove felt like it could be quick, and was certainly responsive, but it didn't have that immediacy that I had hoped, and was wondering if the sports package equipped models changed the throttle response a bit.

I get mine in September, and can't wait. In terms of the looks, people just seem to look, but with a hot kit on the car, then the looks are that much more.
Old 07-01-2003, 11:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
Re: Picked up my new E yesterday...WOW

Originally posted by E500Lorinser
Picked up my new 2003 e500 Lorinser yesterday...First off,the car looks sick,I'm soooo happy I chose white and the kit looks insane.Will post pics soon after the windows are tinted.

I ordered the car with the sport package so I could get the interior black wood and the white guages.I had no idea how awesome the lighting on the instrument panel looked until I had it out last night.Its like a purple blue,and its one of the nicest setups I have ever seen.Its a joy to drive with. The car looks great from the outside too,I think the kit has alot to do with it,people just kept looking and looking .I got so many compliments and thumbs up from other drivers.And girls?The car attracts stares from women at an alarming rate,good thing I'll be driving without my girlfriend most of the time,hehe."No,honey,you don't have to come,I'll be back in a couple hours"

The Lorinser exhaust is very throaty,but not obscene,you just know the car is full of power and wants to run.

I believe in varying speeds on break-in and driving the car realtively normal, basically anything but full throttle flooring.This car has loads of power,much more responsive then my 2000 e430 sport.I didnt floor it,but its ready to fly.On the highway the power is smooth and the car has plenty to spare.The suspension in comfort mode is ideal for street driving and sport 1 is what I have used on the highway,very tight without being hard.

The fit and finish is fantastic,much more solid then the w210.The materials used on the interior are much better.I just can't get over how nice the charcoal interior is with the sport package interior,Im very happy.

I have read alot about the braking system from you guys and although it does feel different I seem to have mastered it already,you just have to know how hard to brake,the car takes care of the rest.

The HK sound is awesome,but 1 question how do I get a display of how high the voLume is???right now when I turn the knob I have no idea how loud its is and how much higher I can go,please help.

Overall,MB has a winner here.Im very pleased,I know its just the second day but you never get a second chance to make a first impression and this car is the S$#@,hehe.
congrats on your car man, i think white looks really nice....post pics!!
Old 07-01-2003, 12:04 PM

2013 GL550
E500Lorinser - Congrats on the car. Can't wait to see the pics.

As for break-in - my service tech said that with an all aluminum block like we have, once that engine is fired the first time, break-in is done. It's not like in the past where you were told no full throttle, vary the speeds, etc. for the first 1,000 miles. Of course I found this out AFTER I babied it for the first 1,000 miles.

No volume indicator on the radio, either. Just crank it!!

Enjoy!

Bruce
Old 07-01-2003, 12:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
Originally posted by BMcD-E500

As for break-in - my service tech said that with an all aluminum block like we have, once that engine is fired the first time, break-in is done. It's not like in the past where you were told no full throttle, vary the speeds, etc. for the first 1,000 miles. Of course I found this out AFTER I babied it for the first 1,000 miles.

Enjoy!

Bruce

yeah its wierd, my salesman told me that they run the engine at the factory, so its pre-broken-in....but in the manual it says not to go over 4 rpms for 1 thousand miles...we still broke it the manuals way
Old 07-01-2003, 01:20 PM

2003 MB E500
Originally posted by BMcD-E500

Enjoy!

Bruce
Just to be safe, I followed the manual on my first E500 and broke the engine in accordingly and intend to do so on my replacement car too. It's a minor, temporary inconvenience to help ensure I won't have problems down the road, especially since I tend to keep cars for a long time.
Old 07-01-2003, 04:20 PM
jhb

2003 SL Launch Edition, 2003 E500 Pewter/Stone
Congrats E500Lorinser. Great car. Enjoy it everyday, with, of course, your "girl friend du jour".

alewifebp: I am not sure from your post as to whether you think the E500 Sport is tuned differently than the E500 non-sport. It is not. The acceleration will be the same. However, I get an immediate power surge upon acceleration on my E500. So, I think it takes a while for the driver adaptive acceleration to get used to what you want and do. Once you do, it is very fast immediately.

Jeff
Old 07-01-2003, 04:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS350
need pics
Old 07-01-2003, 07:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 Prius & Miata MX5 PRHT, 2010 Toyota Venza AWD, 05 C55 AMG, Yamaha 1100 Custom, Honda 250 Reflex
Congratulations and WTTC, E500Lorinser! We are certainly are all looking forward to your pictures. Enjoy your new car.
Old 07-02-2003, 01:16 AM

one of seven
you mention the sound of the 'Lorinser exhaust'. did you buy the car from MB with this or add it on just after purchase?
Old 07-02-2003, 09:43 AM

Thanks

Thanks for all the good words guys,this is a great board.
Im doing the first detail today,probably glazing the new finish etc.Dealer prep usually sucks,and this time was no different.Whites easy to keep looking good,just got to keep up with it.

MBPRINCE...My MB dealer sent the car right off the truck to CEC and they do all the custom work.The exhaust was part of the package,and it looks and sounds fantastic.At idle inside/outside the car its a low rumble,deep and makes it sound like theres more then only 302 ponies under the hood.At accelaration,nice and throaty,not ricey whatsoever,its got that nice European sound.

ALEWIFE...I have heard many times about the accelaration,but I dont think its a sport dependent situation.My car seems to move just fine.Again,Im not flooring it so I havent noticed that 1 second lull like in my e430sport.As of right now it seems very responsive,and smooth power up the line.

Thanks again to all of you and its good to be part of the club.....
Old 07-02-2003, 10:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 BMW 550i
Thanks for your replies concerning the throttle. I think part of it is that I am just used to a feather light throttle in my Lexus, and the throttle tip-in on the MB"s is longer than most.

It is a great car, and I'm also thinking about in the future of doing the exhaust and rims.

E500Lor, what are of the country do you live?
Old 07-02-2003, 10:23 AM

one of seven
thanks E500lorinser, can't wait for some pics!!
Old 07-02-2003, 10:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Honda Accord EX V6
E500lorinser... please post pic of your car man... really want to see your car...
anyway enjoy your new car and congrats.
Old 07-02-2003, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209 - W163
WHERE DA PICS AT BIATCH!?!