The old Tele aid SOS and Nav malfunction

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 06:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e500
The old Tele aid SOS and Nav malfunction

Hi Guys,

My e500 WAGON is occasionally dropping all satellites which leaves me with a NAV that thinks I’m not where I am and a "Tele Aid SOS malfunction see workshop" in the MFD.

In reading the previous posts, it appears that this can be fixed by checking and cleaning the GPS antenna connector at the splitter for the Tele Aid / Nav system.

There are lots of write-ups for the sedan, but I can’t find any info on the location for these wires in the Wagon. Could anyone please tell me where I might find this connection?

Thanks much, Ed
Old 04-03-2012, 01:09 PM

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts
S213 2020 E450 4Matic CDN Spec 07/19 build
Originally Posted by rundeep_32
Hi Guys,

My e500 WAGON is occasionally dropping all satellites which leaves me with a NAV that thinks I’m not where I am and a "Tele Aid SOS malfunction see workshop" in the MFD.

In reading the previous posts, it appears that this can be fixed by checking and cleaning the GPS antenna connector at the splitter for the Tele Aid / Nav system.

There are lots of write-ups for the sedan, but I can’t find any info on the location for these wires in the Wagon. Could anyone please tell me where I might find this connection?

Thanks much, Ed
The splitter might be connected via a rear clip to the top of the metal frame that holds the nav drive (and/or TV unit and parktronic also), or it might be mounted elsewhere up in that general area.