E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Bi Xenon Headlights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Mercedes E500 W211
Bi Xenon Headlights

I have an '03 E500 W211 W/AIRMATIC and W/O 4MATIC. I'm planning on changing out the stock halogen headlights with bi-xenon headlights.. I need to know if bi-xenon is right for my car, because after reading a couple of posts on MB world, i heard there are issues with bi-xenon and leveling. Do the bi-xenons work on my e500 or will i have that issue? Also, could someone refer me to a good website to buy the bi-xenons?

Thanks,
ajohnfar
Old 07-25-2012, 02:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E500 4matic wagon
There will probably be and issue with the adaptive and leveling as a non-xenon equipped vehicle will not have the appropriate wiring, sensors, etc... to operate those functions.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:41 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E320 CDI
Originally Posted by ajohnfar
I have an '03 E500 W211 W/AIRMATIC and W/O 4MATIC. I'm planning on changing out the stock halogen headlights with bi-xenon headlights.. I need to know if bi-xenon is right for my car, because after reading a couple of posts on MB world, i heard there are issues with bi-xenon and leveling. Do the bi-xenons work on my e500 or will i have that issue? Also, could someone refer me to a good website to buy the bi-xenons?

Thanks,
ajohnfar
This can be done. Do some searching. Process involves remove of headlight assemblies. Opening each assembly, that involves put them in an oven. The Bi-Xenon projectors, ballasts, harness, bulbs etc. can be had from retrofitsource. Most folks do the cheapo non bi-xenon route. I plan on do a full bixenon conversion later this summer.

If you let the bixenon hi beam operate in concert with the inboard hi beam, you'll have no codes or need any reconfiguration at the dealer.
Good luck. This is the way to go in my opinion. Auto-leveling is not required BTW.

-B