E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Will the new S-class rims fit on the E class?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will the new S-class rims fit on the E class?

Do they have the same offset?

Thanks Guys,
Hanan
Old 07-17-2003, 02:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Will the new S-class rims fit on the E class?

Originally posted by HS_01
Do they have the same offset?

Thanks Guys,
Hanan
No, they do not have the same offsets. Adding a spacer might help. But why do you want to put S-class wheels on a E. Dont you think AMGs are nicer?
Old 07-17-2003, 06:50 PM

2020 GLC300 4matic
Well, I sort of have the same question. I traded in my 2000 S430 for my 2003 E320 Sport. I had bought mounted snows on wheels from TireRack. The wheels were replica types. The snows don't have any wear and I want to put the sets on this winter. I was getting ready to drag one out of the basement and try it on the hub this summer. Are you saying the fit won't work at all or is there a way to compensate for the difference in offset? Advice would be GREATLY appreciated as I don't want to donate more to TireRack (they're super but . . . ) for a new set of wheels.
Old 07-17-2003, 09:57 PM

sl and M-class E320 4Matic SLK350
Even if you could modify them to fit would you really want to? There is always that 10% chance that safety would be impacted. Of course I feel the same way about going with 19" tires on a car that has been designed for 16" ones. Perhaps there is someone out there who has a need for your tires and would be happy to fairly compensate you for the set. I know I had to replace a tire on my ML320 and ended up having to do a national search to find a replacement that would fit. My local dealer did not have any, the local new tire shops did not have the needed size and even the used tire places could not find one for me. I ended up getting the tire from a Mercedes Dealer north of Chicago while on a business trip and having it checked in as check in luggage for my flight back home. The point of this story is that your local Mercedes dealer may be more than willing to hang onto the tires for you until a customer in my circumstance shows up.