E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Rear park assist

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 08:17 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 E400 4Matic
Rear park assist

Just wondering if anyone has had an aftermarket rear park assist added to their E350? I am considering having it done. My Mercedes dealer recommended a guy who does all of their aftermarket work for them.

It comes with 4 rear sensors in the bumper and a little display unit that sits on the dash with green, yellow, and red lights that light up as you get closer to an object and it tells you how many feet until you are going to hit an object.

Does anyone have this type of rear park assist? My cost is going to be $500. Does this seem unreasonable? I assume its pretty labor intensive.
Old 08-14-2012, 02:00 PM

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts
2018 E400 4matic Wagon
Originally Posted by johnlk25
Just wondering if anyone has had an aftermarket rear park assist added to their E350? I am considering having it done. My Mercedes dealer recommended a guy who does all of their aftermarket work for them.

It comes with 4 rear sensors in the bumper and a little display unit that sits on the dash with green, yellow, and red lights that light up as you get closer to an object and it tells you how many feet until you are going to hit an object.

Does anyone have this type of rear park assist? My cost is going to be $500. Does this seem unreasonable? I assume its pretty labor intensive.
Seems pretty reasonable. My dealer wanted $700 back in 2008 but then it turned out there wasn't enough room behind the rear bumper of a wagon to accommodate the sensors, so they couldn't do it. There was no display. Make sure there's an on-off switch hidden under the dash so you can turn it off in case there's a malfunction.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
03 E500 and Corvette
Dont' remember where but I have seen them with cameras using wireless connectors. Just connect to back up light power and no further connections. Price was reasonable also. May have been Harbor Freight don't remember. Search inet you might find something.
Old 08-20-2012, 12:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
When I inquired at the MB dealership I was quoted $600. This was for the rear only and I don't recall if it had the indicator bar --we had this in our R359 and it was beneficial.

We had a 3rd party/after-market front & rear sonar system added to the wife's Sienna for $700. I may contact that company as they are in the same town. We do not have a light bar like the factory setup from MB but we can turn the system on/off. The install is great and the sensors are paint matched.