E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

2008 E350 Phone Sync issue/problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 E350 4matic
2008 E350 Phone Sync issue/problem

First, yes, I searched for this problem, still am having problems find a correct answer, which is the only reason I am making a new thread. As stated I have a 08 E350 sport. Inside the glove box there is plug in for my iPhone, which helps, however, when I click on the “Tel” on the nav screen it says attach phone, I do that and nothing, no options for anything. Should I try and set up the Bluetooth first for this phone and connect first? My first time ever having a car that has the capability like this so, rather new to me. However, trying to get this done asap as I do a lot of talking while in the car to and from work, mostly work related, so this would be a nice capability to actually use, rather than on my hands free device with the ear piece in my ear! Thanks guys!
Old 09-04-2012, 03:12 PM

2007 E350 4matic
First you need to find out if you have the bluetooth puck installed in the armrest. If you do, then yes, you need to pair the phone to the car so you can use it handsfree and control it from either the steering wheel or the command.

If you don't have the bluetooth puck, you need to find out if your car had the wiring. Look in the armrest and see if there is a plug to attach the blutetooth puck to. If you have it then you can just buy the puck. If you don't, then you'll have to speak to the dealership to see if they can install the handsfree wiring for you. It's not cheap...about $2000-2500.

Now that I re-read your question....On 2008 models, I think the bluetooth may already be wired in, but you still need to pair the phone to the car before you can use it handsfree.

If you can't figure it out in the settings, look in the manual, it should have step by step instructions.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:31 PM

CLS63
08 will most likely be on the cusp depending on build date may use a puck may be internal in command. the ipod cable is strickly for music capabilities. that isnt actually connecting your phone. you need to sync it
Old 09-04-2012, 03:32 PM

CLS63
pucks are $500 from the dealer. you can find one on ebay im sure for cheaper
Old 09-04-2012, 03:43 PM

2013 CLS550, 2013 GLK350 4-Matic
Originally Posted by EngineerGuY
As stated I have a 08 E350 sport. Inside the glove box there is plug in for my iPhone, which helps, however, when I click on the “Tel” on the nav screen it says attach phone, I do that and nothing, no options for anything. Should I try and set up the Bluetooth first for this phone and connect first?
The iPhone/iPod connector in the glovebox is just for playing music, etc., from an i Device. You'll need to set up the bluetooth to use the COMAND telephone options. My 2008 E550 (build date 03/08) required that I add the puck. I got it used on eBay for around $160. There is more info at this thread:
https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...e-options.html

Mike
Old 09-04-2012, 03:50 PM

2008 E350 4matic
Originally Posted by Mike_W
The iPhone/iPod connector in the glovebox is just for playing music, etc., from an i Device. You'll need to set up the bluetooth to use the COMAND telephone options. My 2008 E550 (build date 03/08) required that I add the puck. I got it used on eBay for around $160. There is more info at this thread:
https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...e-options.html

Mike
Many thanks, I don't have the puck so I am going to have to purchase one. Looks like 160-200 on eBay, not too bad.