E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Issue regarding Voice Control/Bluetooth/COMAND

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 04:00 PM

Received 136 Likes on 125 Posts
W212 E-class, W211 E-class, F10 5-Series
Issue regarding Voice Control/Bluetooth/COMAND

Hey guys, I just bought a CPO E550, and I was working on uploading my contacts and sync'ing my phone to the car, etc.

Well I got the phone paired easily and my contacts uploaded to COMAND...but on the part where it asks you say the name of the contact (to set up VC to remember the pronounciation of an entry when you use it at a later date to dial by voice), some of my names aren't allowed to be saved to the VC/COMAND.

For example, my HOME PHONE or JOHN or MERCEDES DEALERSHIP: when it asks me to say the name...it says something like "contact name already taken, voice name not saved...please try again" then it cancels me out. [apparently the previous owner of the vehicle also had the same commin entries/contacts as me and already programmed his voice to those contacts].

Is there a way to erase the memory in VC/COMAND/the bluetooth module so I can start over and pair MY new contacts with the correct "pronounciation"?

There has got to be a way; I have read all the manuals, to no avail :-( ...can someone PLEASE help...this is frustrating.

Thanks guys (and gals)!

Last edited by tresean1; 09-24-2012 at 04:04 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E320
From the COMAND screen there should be a VC softkey that'll walk you through programming and erasing the phonebook. IIRC, Delete Phonebook works. You can also List Phonebook, and see what names aren't yours, and then Delete Name to clear it.

KevinD